1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

All-purpose college basketball thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Oz, Nov 11, 2006.

1. BYH

BYH Active Member

No mention yet of Bobby Knight slapping a kid in the face?

What a sack of shit. I'd love to see Texas Tech sack up and fire his ass, seven wins shy of the record. Even more, I wish that kid had punched him back.

2. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

What, did I miss something tonight?

3. KP

KP Active Member

Kid made a stupid play (forget what it was). During a timeout Knight was talking to him, kid was looking down, Knight hit the kid under the chin to get him to look up at home. Kid was stretching out his jaw on the bench after.

4. Vic Mackey

Vic Mackey Member

Come on, KP.

Fran Fraschilla says it's no big deal. "You have to coach with emotion," and "If this were any other coach in America, it wouldn't be an issue."

Clearly, you are overreacting. [/sarcasm]

5. Anybody who pretends to be surprised that Knight is still a thuggish sociopath needs serious help.
    Fire him, Tech.
    Today.
    It will only get worse.

6. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

Bubbler ... that Lipscomb team is legit. They'll have a good shot of winning the Atlantic Sun championship.

Oh, and I see the Herb Sendek era got off to a fine start in Tempe with a loss at home to Northern Arizona.

7. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

Which is comperable to having the nicest Roach Motel. And they still haven't proven they're the best A-Sun team in their own zip code.

8. Blitz

Blitz Active Member

Mississippi State's 2-0 with blowouts over Nicholls State and Loyola Marymount.
    It was Marymount's lowest offensive output since the season of '49.
    Hail Dear Old State !

9. Sxysprtswrtr

Sxysprtswrtr Active Member

Give him time - lots of it since that Princeton offense takes god-bazillion years to run - and he'll right the ship.
    Least, that's what NCSU folks kept saying.

10. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

If the good folks thought Arizona State was going to win right away, I somehow doubt they would have spent the money to land Herb. In four years, they'll probably have a bronze statue of his likeness somewhere on campus in Tempe.

At least I hope so. Somehow, I doubt he'll be feeling too many sympathy pains for how badly NCSU will be swirling the toilet this year. Maybe he'll feel kind and send Sidney Lowe a case of antacid.

Good luck, Herb. At least one guy was - and still is - on your side.

11. What is this CBE thing and why is it organized like the 1952 NIT?

12. dreunc1542

dreunc1542 Active Member

UNC with a not so impressive 20 point win over Sacred Heart to start off their season. Hansbrough had 29, though, so its good to see he picked up where he left off (if you don't include the game against George Mason).

Draft saved Draft deleted