1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

All-purpose college basketball thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Oz, Nov 11, 2006.

1. Simon

Simon Active Member

Guess everyone who was at the Mizzou game didn't see it give up a 16-0 run on Saturday, or trail at halftime on Sunday or watch as NC A&T leave a shooter open who can't penetrate thus resulting in him scoring 27 points. Also, they didn't see Jason Horton shoot the ball way too many times than he ever should(zero).

But hey, Kalen Grimes had double-doubles in two games and Leo Lyons did something besides Rap badly and sit on the bench.

2. dreunc1542

dreunc1542 Active Member

It was good to see yesterday that some things never change, such as Arizona being incredibly inconsistent. They took a 19 point lead and then let it slip away in a loss to UVA.

3. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

A Saturday score I didn't notice until watching Arkansas football highlights on YouTube. (No seriously).

NJIT 56, Manhattan 55

WTF Jaspers?

4. Ledbetter

Ledbetter Active Member

Is that worse than Auburn losing to Auburn-Montgomery?

5. dreunc1542

dreunc1542 Active Member

Pat Forde's season-opening Forde Minutes:

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/columns/story?columnist=forde_pat&id=2659317

Enjoyable and good insight as usual.

6. KP

KP Active Member

UVM knocking off #14 BC by 14 at the Heights.

7. dreunc1542

dreunc1542 Active Member

I feel like BC and Pitt have very similar styles. They both play such good defense, but don't push the ball so their games are almost always close even against bad teams. The key is having people you can go to at the end of the game to win close games. With Smith gone, I don't know that BC has the offense this year to with those close games the way they did in past year.

8. KP

KP Active Member

Definitely, Dudley is a solid sidekick, I don't see good things with him being the go to guy.

9. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

Considering Auburn's loss was an exhibition and this one was for keeps, yes.

10. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

Lipscomb 67, Evansville 64

Purple Aces' men's basketball, you know you want it, bitch!

11. Norman Stansfield

Norman Stansfield Active Member

A little late on this response, but losing at Virginia on the day the Cavs open their new arena is nothing to be ashamed of -- even after blowing a big lead.

I at least give Lute credit for scheduling a game like that. Most coaches wouldn't go near such a setup.

12. WS

WS Member

'Bama, a very legit team this year, could be without senior center Jermareo Davidson for a little while. He was a passenger in a fatal wreck outside of Atlanta (his home town) over the weekend that killed the driver, a UA student who people say was his girlfriend of two years.

Everyone recovers different but it absolutely has to be tough to be in his situation. He was a passenger, but he was actually in the wreck (from what I've heard minor scratches and bruises). She didn't have a seatbelt.

Not sure how long, or if, he'll be out to heal emotionally, but have heard he'll miss the Tide's trip to the PAradise Jam this weekend in the Virgin Islands, a tourney that has Iowa, Xavier and Villanova I believe.

Draft saved Draft deleted