1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

All of the sudden, Clinton looking not-so-unelectable

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Point of Order, Oct 24, 2007.

1. JayFarrar

JayFarrar Well-Known Member

In some ways Pal is right.
    James Lee Witt didn't have the emergency response background on his resume, he'd been a county mayor of a small Arkansas county. Brownie had just as much experience.
    The difference is that Witt learned on the job and became the best FEMA director in history by reshaping its mission. He also kept the best middle management around.
    Brownie didn't learn on the job, and also ran off Witt's middle managers by putting in his cronies.
    Both are examples of patronage jobs, but Witt was successful because maybe Clinton saw something and was a better judge of talent.
    The real key has been the gutting of the middle managers, the ones who actually run the government. Those have all become patronage jobs under Bush. Under previous administrations they weren't.
    Plus if you screech that the government isn't any good at anything, sooner or later it becomes a self-fulfilling prophecy.

2. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

pallister, I try really hard to treat you differently than some of the other political trolls, but come on already with stuff like that above. You have the balls to tell JR that HE'S parroting meaningless talking points and then you bring out "moral relativism"? Please.

And patronage jobs like ambassador to Micronesia are one thing. Patronage jobs like attorney general -- or any position at justice for that matter -- and head of FEMA are quite another.

3. zagoshe

zagoshe Well-Known Member

Now you are catching on......those of us who vote Libertarian have been saying that same thing for years....well, at least the part that the government isn't any good at anything.

And this is yet another ridiculous example of the partisan hair splitting that goes on in these threads. "Yeah, our guy did the same thing, but at least our guy's pick happened to work out [for a variety of reasons]."

4. zagoshe

Definition of Political Troll according to the SportsJournalists.com mafia -- Anyone who isn't a left-winger. Anyone who doesn't pledge to defend Slick Willy regardless of what the issue. Anyone who doesn't worship at the alter of Fenian Bastard or cheerlead for those who do. Anyone who thinks independently and doesn't just regurgitate media matters drivel. And lastly, anyone who isn't convinced that George W. Bush is the devil and isn't fully committed to trying discredit everything he does.....

5. An inconvenient eruption of facts briefly derails the conversation.

6. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

Do you think you're the first person to try this gambit?

It's been Yawn's stock in trade for months, now.

Sadly, it just ain't true.

7. imjustagirl2

imjustagirl2 New Member

IJAG weeps.

8. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

Wrong. Simon Cowbell is pretty much the textbook definition of a troll (or at least used to be) and he's a Democrat. SJGOP.com doesn't corner the market on trollish assholes, but most of you do seem to be the ones who enjoy nothing more than flinging your shit at the nearest wall in hopes of starting a fight.

9. zagoshe

You mean facts like these.....

http://www.clintonmemoriallibrary.com/clintcrimefamily.html

Oh, I know, I know, "THAT'S DIFFERENT" ::)

10. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

IJAG, will you be my token conservative friend? ;)

11. pallister

pallister Guest

That's why I said it. None of us are immune to hypocrisy once we get going on these threads. Well, I'm gonna take my ball and go back under the bridge for a while. :D

12. Drive on interstate highways, do you?
    Live in the West which -- between water thievery, grazing rights, mining rights, federal support for the westbound railroads, the purchase of California, and the, ah, resettlement policies of the US Cavalry -- was one of the biggest Big Government programs in the history of the world, do you?
    Happy we won WWII, are you?
    Libertarianism is one of two things -- it's a way to be smug without being smart, or it's a way to be a rightwing toady who likes to smoke dope.
    Your choice.

And the "Clinton Crime Family" site?
    Going to tell us about how Vince Foster was murdered now.
    God's truth, he believes that shit.

Draft saved Draft deleted