1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

All of the sudden, Clinton looking not-so-unelectable

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Point of Order, Oct 24, 2007.

1. Gold

Gold Active Member

I think any Republican will have a hard time getting much over 40 percent in the 2008 election. The Iraq war hasn't turned out the way it was sold, and people don't have any faith in the GOP because the all pretty much went along with it and are still going along with it. (I know, I know, Hillary voted for it too, but she is in a better position on it for the general election.) Throw in the "You're doing a heckuva job, Brownie" and people won't see the Republicans as competent. The GOP will have to wait for Hillary to screw up - that's probably not going to happen in the 2008 presidential campaign - before they can see a rebound.

And Fredo is far worse than Nixon. I've seen both of them.

2. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

She needs to be better than that, at least to get my vote.

3. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

Bush is dim witted, myopic, easily led, lacks the apparent ability to come with an original thought and surrounds himself with morally corrupt and intellectually narrow people who lack an appreciation of the complexity of the world. He is the absolute worst president in American history.

Hillary is a smart Bush. She's myopic and surrounds herself with people who absolutely agree with everything she says. She tolerates no dissent because she thinks she's smarter than everyone. She shows zero repsect for the American people (same as Bush, Cheney, Rummie...) She's paranoid, mean, vindictive.

She will absolutely dish out to her adversaries what Bush and his right wing acolytes do. Just from the other side.

She's the Bizzaro Bush

4. Of course, if the religious nutjobs are dumb enough to form a third party like some have threatened, it's Hillary in a landslide.

And I like the "Bizarro Bush" line (although I must say your avatar is Yawn-esque). To take that further, if 8 years of W have been hell for liberals, 8 years of Hillary will be hell to the nth power for conservatives.

5. Jersey_Guy

Jersey_Guy Active Member

Regardless of the national poll numbers, the keys in a Clinton/Guiliani matchup would be could Guiliani steal some traditionally democratic states - NY, NJ, Conn, etc.?

If he did, he wins.

But I do agree that it's very surprising how she's surged. I had a very Republican friend tell me the other day that he'll probably vote for her, mostly because he feels all the Republican candidates are either out of touch, unqualified or, in Guiliani's case, flat-out dangerous.

6. heyabbott

edited for accuracy.

7. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Ever thought you'd see the day when Nixon looked cuddly by comparison?

8. heyabbott

No one ever said Nixon was stupid, just paranoid and morally corrupt. His wage and price controls and Watergate are evidence that he would do anything, short of selling the country to Mao, to maintain power. Hillary is in that mold.

9. JR

JR Well-Known Member

If Hilary's elected, all those self-entitled middle-aged white guys that Fredo's been taking care of for all these years will have a collective brain aneurysm,

10. heyabbott

and the country will be no better off. Just fucked up in a different direction.

11. The New Clinton Propaganda Machine
    http://www.slate.com/id/2176398/nav/tap2/

12. heyabbott

Doesn't say much for the balls at GQ, either

Draft saved Draft deleted