1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

All of the sudden, Clinton looking not-so-unelectable

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Point of Order, Oct 24, 2007.

1. Point of Order

Point of Order Active Member

As a close observer of politics who is on the record believing Hillary will be our next (elected) President, these numbers are still pretty stunning, if not surprising:

Pres '08 (D)
    Oct 24 LAT/Bloomberg
    Clinton 48%, Obama 17%, Edwards 13% ...
    Pres '08 (R)
    Oct 24 LAT/Bloomberg
    Giuliani 32%, Thompson 15%, McCain 13% ...
    Pres '08
    Oct 24 LAT/Bloomberg
    Clinton (D) 48%, McCain (R) 38%
    Pres '08
    Oct 24 LAT/Bloomberg
    Clinton (D) 49%, Romney (R) 34%
    Pres '08
    Oct 24 LAT/Bloomberg
    Clinton (D) 47%, Giuliani (R) 41%
    Pres '08
    Oct 24 LAT/Bloomberg
    Clinton (D) 49%, Thompson (R) 38%

2. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

Please Michael Bloomberg, RUN FOR PRESIDENT

3. That's surprising how much she clobbers Romney by.

The Giuliani-Clinton numbers are close, but I wonder if the hatred of Hillary vs. the Rudy's liberal leanings will be a wash, cancelling each other out.

There was an interesting article I read somewhere (I'll try to find it) about how Republicans will need more than Hillary hate to win the election.

4. JayFarrar

JayFarrar Well-Known Member

Hillary also has $50 million in campaign contributions — right now.
    It is three times more than Rudy, who leads the Republicans.
    This election will be the first where Democrats will have more money in campaign contributions than Republicans.

5. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

Nationwide, the GOP is already trying to raise money flogging the "Stop Hillary" horse. And they're still losing the fund-raising race.

Hillary's not my candidate, but people underestimate her at their own peril.

6. Here it is, from American Conservative magazine (I get it for the annual swimsuit issue!)

http://www.amconmag.com/2007/2007_10_22/cover.html

7. heyabbott

Hillary's White House will be the most frightening since Nixon. Fredo's alot of bad things, but he's not paranoid. Hillary will be channeling Nixon.

8. Your post has been forwarded to Hillary headquarters. Expect a call and a tax audit soon.

9. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

One thing I'll say: Hillary might as well have Rove running her campaign.

10. heyabbott

[​IMG]

11. JayFarrar

Dude, really?
    The current administration is the closest thing to a Nixon presidency since Nixon. Maybe more so. Nixon is unelectable by the current crop of Republicans. Cheney, Rumsfield and all the other old warhouses are all holdovers from the 70s. The current expansion of presidential power is straight out of th Nixon handbook.
    And Fredo is a lot more than just "bad things." He's the worst freely elected world leader in the last two centuries. He passed worst American president ever ages ago.
    The absolutely ironic thing, is Hillary dishes out just a little of what Republicans have gorged themselves on for the last seven years and she suddenly becomes Nixon.

12. JayFarrar

And let's not forget this gem on the AP wire today...

Draft saved Draft deleted