1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

All I Wanted Was Kosher Coca Cola

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Boom_70, Mar 29, 2007.

1. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Over a beer... nice...

And none of that stinking root beer!

2. SoSueMe

SoSueMe Active Member

http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=vids.individual&videoID=1791069673

3. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

I'm going to put the odds at any of this actually happening at slightly worse than filling out a perfect NCAA bracket...

4. writing irish

writing irish Active Member

But I like the caricature of the wimpy, stuck-in-the-70s, pussy liberal guy. Like something out of Mallard Fillmore.

5. Huggy

Huggy Well-Known Member

Ha! Somebody got that reference. Haven't seen that video in years. Man, I just wore out Akimbo Alogo one summer. (And it wasn't summer unless you saw Kim Mitchell live at least once.)

Wonder whatever happened to Peter Fredette? Wonder if he still has the big hair he was rocking in that video.

6. SoSueMe

SoSueMe Active Member

Huggy, I got it right away. When I was a bartender in college I played the song each and every day.

I was the day shifter (10 AM to 5:30 PM) and I cranked the shit out of that song every single lunch rush.

7. goalmouth

goalmouth Well-Known Member

i once gave the finger to a guy in a Ford Probe tailgating me on the Merritt parkway. he then tried to run me off the road. Arab guy, turns out, from north Stamford. The traffic court judge said he's cite us both if we didn't drop the whole thing.

8. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Coca-Cola is Kosher. Marijuana is not...

http://www.wtopnews.com/?nid=456&sid=1098996

9. 21

21 Well-Known Member

'Darling, how wonderful that you're both here, I know baseball is so special to you, it must be very hard to miss even one game, I remember once going to watch the Cubs play, do they still play, dear? Lou, did you ever watch the...I SAID DID YOU EVER WATCH...oh, never mind, he just will not change the batteries in that hearing aid....What was I saying, oh, the Cubs, that handsome Chuck Tanner was playing, #91, I remember because we would take the 91 bus to get there, what a memory, I tell you, the things I remember...

'Anyway, darling, I'm so glad your Boom could join us, but I'm wondering if he could park that thing down the street, I voted for McGovern, for God's sake...is this his first seder, dear? Will he be comfortable? Did you explain about the bread, I don't want him to think we forgot the bread, BOOM DARLING,oh my, what a big hug, I'm sure my ribs will be back in place by the weekend, BOOM, WE WON 'T BE HAVING BREAD WITH DINNER...'

'Mother, he's not deaf, he's just Catholic, you don't have to yell...'

'You don't have to be snippy, 21, I was just trying to be clear, how do I know what he thinks, he brought the regular Coca-Cola, you know they DO make the kosher, I suppose it's hard to get in his neighborhood, you could have helped him out with that, dear.....'

10. PopeDirkBenedict

PopeDirkBenedict Active Member

Wait -- that wasn't a Peter King parody by boom?

11. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Ahhh, my favorite sounds of the holiday season

12. 21

21 Well-Known Member

Draft saved Draft deleted