1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

All I Wanted Was Kosher Coca Cola

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Boom_70, Mar 29, 2007.

1. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

Better not. It may be Luggy.

2. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

Or jr

In fact I thought the guy who gave me finger might have been jr or fenian visiting CT for day and I wanted to say hi.

3. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Strangly, I can pithure (Hi BOOM!) this chain of events in my mind

4. jgmacg

jgmacg Guest

Yes, one of those adjunct lecturers from the Anthropology-of-Cinema sequence at Choate might bust a cap in your ass. Especially if he's rollin' down to the Noroton Yacht Club to tidy up his sail locker.

5. Boom_70

It's because my skills as a spellbinding descriptive writer.

6. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Someone need to splain this to Catholic boy why it has to be made of sugar instead of corn syrup....
    Kosher hot dogs, I get. Kosher Coke (Or Koke if this were Amerikka for Boots and JDV) I don't get.

7. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

It was good, Boom.

I was impressed with how you handled your small member in the narrative.

8. Boom_70

come to think of it the guy looked a bit like Mike Lupica.

9. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

Because it's a hell of a lot better.

Why drink the cheaper crap when you can force them to do it the right way?

Rabbis aren't dumb.

10. Huggy

Huggy Well-Known Member

Might as well go for a soda....

11. Mystery_Meat

Mystery_Meat Guest

Seriously, where can I find Kosher Coke? I've been making do with the occasional bottle of MexiCoke from the Latin markets around here, but $1.25 for a 12 oz. bottle is a bit much. Do most Jewish grocery stores get it, or does Coke only send it to areas with large Jewish populations?

Why they don't do a premium cane sugar Coke year-round is beyond me. If they can do Coke in lime, cherry, black cherry and vanilla, diet, zero calorie and caffeine free, you'd think they could do a sugar Coke easily.

Also, corn syrup, like all corn products, are not recommended Passover foods. Or so I've been told. Thus the need for sugar instead of HFCS.

12. Boom_70

No grains can be eaten during passover- hence no corn syrup. This catholic boy did not know that either till 21 explained it over a beer at Stan's

Draft saved Draft deleted