1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

All hail the new Coach K

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Ellis Redding, Mar 14, 2007.

1. Flying Headbutt

Flying Headbutt Moderator Staff Member

Believe it or not, I graduated from j-school with that guy.

2. HoopsMcCann

HoopsMcCann Active Member

you even suck at rape. that's just funny. and wrong. but funny.

3. Norman Stansfield

Norman Stansfield Active Member

No offense, SC.

But a year or two certainly isn't 2/3rds of a season. And when you've got zilch head-coaching experience in the NBA, it's gonna make a difference. Especially with those no-D-playing chumps he's got on that roster now.

I hope he succeeds there; he seems like a pretty cool guy and like you said, he coached Montana into the tourney twice. But the odds are definitely stacked against him.

A cool side note about him...when I was a kid and he played for the Bucks he'd do the damndest thing during early warmups. He'd stand at mid-court with his back facing one basket, chuck the ball high up in the air behind him, bounce it at the free-throw line and then into the basket.

Thrilling, I know. But I was easily amused back then.

4. Captain_Kirk

Captain_Kirk Well-Known Member

You're being very charitable if you're counting Stotts time coaching the Hawks as NBA experience...

5. Norman Stansfield

Norman Stansfield Active Member

Oh, I'm very aware of that. But it's still more than Krystko can say he's done.

6. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Fixed

Draft saved Draft deleted