1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

All Hail the Big Red

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Webster, Mar 3, 2008.

1. dreunc1542

dreunc1542 Active Member

Yea, neither of them are worth much of anything. Shops at Ithaca has a theater, but I'd much rather go to Cinemopolis, Fall Creek or Cornell Cinemas.

2. Isn't there a bar with a neon rooster on it somewhere near Cinemopolis?

3. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

Webster, I'm a year or two older than you, right? Did we just miss each other? My name would have still been a punchline in Newman Arena, even when you came in. You sure I don't ring a bell? I knew all of the guys who played and I was pretty good friends with one guy in particular who I came in with.

Did we really both get the same Mike Dement speech?

I had to have played with you at some point, because I was running several times a week between sophomore and senior year... although after my first year I kind of stayed away from the team and ran way more often with friends than guys who played--my ego was bruised a bit. I've changed some, but not that much... Have you changed a lot? I really don't remember you and I feel like I should.

4. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

Ragu -- I'm class of '90 and I'm sure that we played together a ton. I played all over the place -- lunch league at Barton, night runs at Newman. Everywhere.

5. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

Crikes. I am addled. Newman didn't open up until later. I meant Barton. Nothing more fun than freezing your ass off until you work up a sweat while running on a weird rubber floor.

6. dreunc1542

dreunc1542 Active Member

Yup, that'd be Chanticleer's. THE towny bar in the area and where my roommate celebrated his 21st a few weeks ago.

7. Great sign. Did you walk amid Sagan's planets on the way home?
    Back to the original thread -- does Cornell have a chance to stay with anybody in Round One? I haven't seen them play a second this year.

8. dreunc1542

dreunc1542 Active Member

I'm the young one of the group so I couldn't join in the festivities.

I watched their game at Duke and they were pretty good. If they're a 14 seed, I could see them making some noise in the first round.

Draft saved Draft deleted