1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

All-Canadian Football weekend---Vanier Cup Saturday, Grey Cup on Sunday

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by JR, Nov 27, 2009.

1. JR

JR Well-Known Member

Well, there's that. :)

2. JC

JC Well-Known Member

Nationalistic referees? Typical bullshit, I was actually at the game, you believe all you want that it was "nationalistic referees".

3. Iron_chet

Iron_chet Well-Known Member

When you come from Winnipeg like I do, you take whatever small victories you can get :)

4. Idaho

Idaho Active Member

Utah State owns football in Canada. Anthony Calvillo and John Chick are Aggies and CFL players of the year.

5. JR

JR Well-Known Member

That makes you an honourary Canuck.

Knew about AC but not about Chick

Calvillo is one of the classiest guys in any sport. Flat out.

This was his third MVP of the CFL.

6. Mystery Meat II

Mystery Meat II Well-Known Member

Really, all they did was make the same mistakes every other non-NFL league has ever made in the U.S., all the way down to the requisite franchise in Birmingham. And had the Browns not moved, it's not inconceivable that the Baltimore team would still be doing very well there. Maybe add a few Northeast/Upper Midwest teams and you'd do OK. Or maybe the thrill would get old and Baltimore would give up on it.

All I know is Norfolk was supposed to get the Shreveport franchise, because I remember Billy Joe Tolliver was being used to sell season tickets here. And that should tell anyone all they need to know about the CFL's prospects in the U.S.

7. Huggy

Huggy Well-Known Member

Great line on TSN's Saturday Grey Cup show (what the fuck is this, the Super Bowl?): You can't swing a dead cat in Calgary without hitting a drunk Riders' fan!

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  8. Big Circus

Big Circus Well-Known Member

They have a great law blog in addition to their produce sales.

9. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

I got married too quickly. Had I known there were options such as this out there...

10. JR

JR Well-Known Member

Queen's Gaels erase a first half 18 point deficit and beat U of Calgary 33-31.

Another great Vanier in the books.

11. Iron_chet

Iron_chet Well-Known Member

Very entertaining game. The U of C fumble on their final drive was a heart breaker.

12. JR

JR Well-Known Member

JR jr was over to watch the game and at half time we kinda looked at each other and said, "Well, Queen's has a pretty big hole to dig themselves out of ".

Danny Brannagan only threw for 286 yards today.

Also, despite Laval not making it, good to see all the fans out in Quebec City.

After Saskatchewan, Quebec must be the most football crazy province in the country.

Draft saved Draft deleted