1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

All-Canadian Football weekend---Vanier Cup Saturday, Grey Cup on Sunday

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by JR, Nov 27, 2009.

1. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

Make that 6,100,002.***

2. Double J

Double J Active Member

Pretty damn good but the info in the next paragraph is even more impressive.

More than 14 million Canadians, or nearly 43% of the country's population, watched the game in whole or in part. An incredible 8.35 million viewers were watching the broadcast at 9:49 p.m. ET on TSN and RDS as Montreal kicker Damon Duval converted his second game-winning field-goal attempt as timed expired.

That first number equates to 127 million Americans watching in whole or in part. Wow.

And I may be wrong, but I think TSN/RDS still aren't available in every Canadian home. If that is still the case, these numbers are even more astounding.

3. JR

JR Well-Known Member

I've been looking for a story about that but all I can find are rumours. I'm not sure it's been awarded yet.

4. apeman33

apeman33 Well-Known Member

I was at a conference championship game at Colorado (I think Chicago was the other team) where that happened. I can't remember the year, but I'm thinking it was '06, maybe. We went to the game on a whim, paid $5 for nosebleeds and got a free upgrade during the first quarter because there weren't enough people in the seats that faced the camera. We ended up 8 rows from the sideline for $5 each.

There was a long delay while they tried to sweep the confetti off the field but it was sticking to the astroturf.

Draft saved Draft deleted