1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

All Bennigan's Restaurants Closing

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by BNWriter, Jul 29, 2008.

1. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

That's what I was waiting for. Was finding it hard to believe this was going to be total/blanket/forever.

2. Dickens Cider

Dickens Cider New Member

RIP, Overrated, Overpriced Chain Restaurant.

3. Rockbottom

Rockbottom Well-Known Member

I cannot tell you how many thousands of $$$ I dropped post-deadline at Bennigan's back in the day. We knew the general manager, who instructed his bartenders to heavy-pour, charge us 1 per 4 drinks, and let us stay on the mahogany-and-brass side of the front door when last call came and went.

Come to think of it, said quality times are probably a reason they are in Chapter 7. :)

Godspeed, Bennigan's.

rb

4. writing irish

writing irish Active Member

Killian's Irish Red = FRAUD. It's made by Coors in the US. Just sayin'. I know Bennigan's often serves that hangover-inducing stuff.

5. finishthehat

finishthehat Active Member

No love for Steak & Ales, which are closing too?

Just ate there this week -- my kid likes them. They were getting a little pricey lately, though.

6. playthrough

playthrough Moderator Staff Member

Wow, didn't know there were any Steak & Ales left. I remember being a kid and thinking that was the fanciest restaurant in the world. Then I finally went to one at about age 23 and found out it oozed with Fail.

And Bennigan's sucks.

7. Mystery_Meat

Mystery_Meat Guest

So it's moar liek Steak and Fail? That's a shame; I never did get a chance to eat there.

So we've got Steak and Ale, Bennigan's, Chi-Chi's and Darryl's. Who else is on the ring road of purgatory's mall?

8. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

Applebee's with any luck.

9. Beaker

Beaker Active Member

Had a Bennigan's here in town that closed a couple years ago. I had been wondering about the chain.

Wasn't my favorite, but wasn't too bad, and a lot of people around here seemed to like the place, so I was surprised it closed when it did.

10. Birdscribe

Birdscribe Active Member

Like Bennigans. Good menu, decent food and those Coffee Bombs were golden.

We had our rehearsal dinner at the one in South Coast Plaza. No complaints.

11. forever_town

forever_town Well-Known Member

Someone better fucking call Zeke12 then!

12. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

This doesn't bode well for Flinger's.

Draft saved Draft deleted