1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

All 50 States?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Lieslntx, Jul 18, 2008.

1. forever_town

forever_town Well-Known Member

I thought you couldn't have an entire baseball season in two minutes.

2. taller hack

taller hack Member

AL, AZ, CA, CO, DE, FL, GA, ID, IN, KY, LA, MD, MA, MN, MT, NH, NJ, NY, NC, OH, OK, PA, RI, SC, TN, TX, UT, VT, WV, WY

3. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

I've had datelines from 42.

4. JakeandElwood

JakeandElwood Well-Known Member

33 so far for me. I actually haven't been anywhere in the Northeast. PA is the farthest for me. I've hit everything in the Midwest/Southeast except Mississippi, LA and OK. Other than that, it's the two obvious ones (AK and Hawaii) plus Oregon and Washington. I'll be willing to bet I'm the only one on the board with that kind of map.

5. Trey Beamon

Trey Beamon Active Member

I've been to New York, Pennsylvania, Maryland, Florida, Ohio, Virginia, West Virginia, Kentucky, New Jersey, North Carolina, South Carolina, Delaware and New Hampshire.

6. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

I've been to 20 and likely will die without ever getting to 30. The ocean is 30 minutes from my door, and I can play tennis 365 days a year.

Is there something in Oklahoma or Alabama I'm missing?

7. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

Trailers. Lots and lots of trailers.

8. PaperDoll

PaperDoll Well-Known Member

I have been to all the states on the East Coast (except, oddly South Carolina), plus Louisiana, Kentucky, Tennessee, Indiana, West Virginia and Ohio, Wisconsin, Minnesota, Illinois, Missouri, Colorado, Wyoming and Nebraska, Alabama, Texas, Washington, Oregon, Arizona, California.

I just added Idaho and Utah last week. Woohoo! I'm only missing 12 states, which amazes me.

I work with someone has been everywhere except Idaho and North Dakota. I'm a wee bit jealous!

9. HejiraHenry

HejiraHenry Well-Known Member

But-but ... I thought Barack Obama said there were 57 states. Some of you still have some work to do.

Me? I'm 34 + D.C. I've written from just about all of those, thanks to The Nation's Nicepaper.

I'm missing all of New England, which I should be able to fix in the next year or two; all of the Vast Wasteland, which I'm sure I'll eventually tackle; and Nos. 49 and 50.

As for the other question, I'm thinking 23 out of 35, plus or minus one.

10. budcrew08

budcrew08 Active Member

What? Go to the Basketball HOF in Springfield... then drive about 90 minutes north. That'll cross VT off your list.

11. Beaker

Beaker Active Member

For me it's Connecticut, Mass, Rhody, Maine, New Hampshire, Vermont, New York, New Jersey, Penn, Delaware, Maryland, Virginia, West-by-God, North Carolina, South Carolina, Georgia, Florida.

12. cranberry

cranberry Well-Known Member

Thirty-four visited, missing: Oregon, Idaho, Wyoming, Montana, New Mexico, Hawaii, Oklahoma, Arkansas, Mississippi, Alabama, Tennessee, Indiana, N. Dakota, S. Dakota, Nebraska and Alaska.

Draft saved Draft deleted