1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

All 50 States?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Lieslntx, Jul 18, 2008.

1. EStreetJoe

EStreetJoe Well-Known Member

States I've been in for a visit or lived in: New Jersey, Pennsylvania, New York, Delaware, Maryland, Connecticut, Massachusetts, Vermont, Ohio, Virginia, Kentucky, Illinois, Georgia, Florida, Arizona, California.
    States I've driven through, but didn't stop in for a visit: Rhode Island, West Virginia, North Carolina, South Carolina.

2. Captain_Kirk

Captain_Kirk Well-Known Member

Been to all of them east of the Mississippi, except Vermont and Mississippi.

None of the North Central or Northwest states from the Dakota west.

And despite living in Illinois and Missouri the first 30 years of my life, I don't recall ever being in Iowa.

3. MrWrite

MrWrite Member

I've got 38 down. Missing: Alaska, Colorado, Wyoming, Idaho, Oregon, Washington, N. Dakota, S. Dakota, Minnesota, New Mexico, West Virginia and Rhode Island.

4. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

36 down, 14 to go -- including 9 in that northwestern quarter of the country. Vermont, Michigan and Wisconsin are the only ones east of the Mississippi I haven't made it to.
    It's amazing how hard it is to make it to Vermont and Kentucky. On various road trips, I had been to every state around Kentucky. Finally, when I had an extra hour or so on a trip to St. Louis, I had to veer off and go there just to cross it off the list. It was like that nagging chore you keep putting off. Did the same thing with New Hampshire and Maine. My best friend and I took a road trip to Boston one day and I convinced him to drive an extra hour north so I could cross those two off.
    Vermont is so far out of the way, though, if you're not going there on purpose you'll never get there.

5. I Digress

I Digress Guest

Only 28.. sadly missing much of anything out west, except nevada (vegas)

6. Steak Snabler

Steak Snabler Well-Known Member

You might have to check out the Alaska Summer League at some point, too, Buck. There was a nice piece about it in SI a couple of months ago.

As for written stories in, I'm up to 21, plus Ontario, Canada, and Baja California, Mexico.

7. JR

JR Well-Known Member

Thirty nine.

Plus all the Canadian provinces except for Saskatchewan.

8. Bob Slydell

Bob Slydell Active Member

I've been to:

Kentucky, Indiana, Illinois, Michigan, Ohio, New York, Virginia, Tennessee, Arkansas, Texas, Louisiana, Alabama, Mississippi, Georgia, Florida, North Carolina, South Carolina, Maryland, West Virginia, California.

Just 20. I need to get out more.

9. crimsonace

crimsonace Well-Known Member

Been to: AR, CT, DC, IA, IL, IN, KY, OH, MA, ME, MD, MI, MN, MO, NC, NH, NJ, NY, PA, SC, TN, VA, VT, WV, WI

24 states + DC.

Virtually every state east of the Mississippi except RI (I tried to talk the folks into detouring through Providence on the way home one year :) ) and the Deep South (FL/GA/AL/MS/LA). I haven't made it west of the Mississippi very far, other than to travel through Iowa/Minnesota/St. Louis.

Also been to Quebec & Ontario.

10. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

I've been everywhere but Alaska, Wyoming, Connecticut, Delaware and West By God.

11. micropolitan guy

micropolitan guy Well-Known Member

Missing Alaska, Missouri, Kansas, Oklahoma, Arkansas, Louisiana, Mississippi, Rhode Island and Maine. (And every Canadian province except Ontario, Quebec, Saskatchewan and Manitoba).

12. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

No Maine. No Alaska.

Draft saved Draft deleted