1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

All 50 States?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Lieslntx, Jul 18, 2008.

1. budcrew08

budcrew08 Active Member

It's not the pros, but VT, NH and ME have some high-quality minor league ball...

2. ArnoldBabar

ArnoldBabar Active Member

Hmm, my getting lucky count is only, I think, 9 of my 47. Most of my states have been covered on work travel or childhood trips.

3. Rusty Shackleford

Rusty Shackleford Active Member

I've been to 19 -- most of the east coast except New England, but nothing west of Missouri except Kansas (for a job interview once), Arizona and Hawaii (because our layover to Hawaii was in Phoenix).

4. KYSportsWriter

KYSportsWriter Well-Known Member

gotta add georgia to my list. brings me up to 14.

5. KJIM

KJIM Well-Known Member

Wow, am I the first with 50?

Wasn't a goal until I tried to find a vacation spot one year. I realized I'd been to all but nine. That summer I went to Montana, Oregon, Washington and West Virginia.

Next year went to Alaska, Oklahoma, Wyoming, Idaho and North Dakota.

Now I'm working on continents. N America, Europe, Asia and Africa done. The Antarctic cruise will put be back a bit; have to save that for last.

6. Wenders

Wenders Well-Known Member

I've hit 15 states. Lived in Texas, Kansas and Kentucky. I haven't been farther west than Phoenix or farther east than Kentucky. What's even sadder: I've seen more of Western Europe than I have of my own country. I'm working on it though...I've added five states in the last six months. The joys of a travel-oriented profession.

7. luckyducky

luckyducky Guest

Went to Rhode Island last week, so I'm up to 18, with the goal to hit all 50 before I turn 30 (giving me a touch over four years to hurry up and do it). I've gotten to: Alabama, Arizona, California, Connecticut, Florida, Georgia, Idaho, Maine, Maryland, Massachusetts, Minnesota, Nevada, North Carolina, Oregon, Rhode Island, South Carolina, Virginia, Washington.

Been to most of both coasts, but the Midwest/Central US is a blank slate. Looks like I need to rent a car and start driving. Also have a best friend that lives in Honolulu, so I should go visit her before her paper goes under like everyone else's.

And for those of you missing Oregon and Washington....I feel sorry for you. Those are actually the only two states I've ever lived in (what can I say, I'm sheltered), but they are gorgeous. If anyone needs sight-seeing tips for either one, let me know.

8. Boognish

Boognish Member

Lived in six spanning the West Coast, Midwest and Upper Midwest. Been to 39.

Missing some usual suspects like Maine and Alaska and Hawaii and Delaware (you seriously have to know somebody there, no disrespect, Dover). The two that I really want to hit and am surprised that I haven't are Oregon and Washington. Hopefully soon.

EDIT: Wow, duck, posted this before I saw your take on the Pac Northwest. Like I said, I'm hoping sooner than later.

9. trifectarich

trifectarich Well-Known Member

Only three to go for me: Montana, North Dakota and Maine.

I hope to scratch Maine off the list in a couple of months. The other two? Don't know how or when that's going to happen.

10. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

Come to think about it, I think I've been to more European countries than states.

11. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

25 states, mostly in the East with the exception of New England, and 4 Canuckistani provinces

12. Big Buckin' agate_monkey

Big Buckin' agate_monkey Active Member

I've got 22. Mostly east of the Mississippi.

With the exception of Colorado, the west is a undiscovered.

Draft saved Draft deleted