1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

All 50 States?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Lieslntx, Jul 18, 2008.

1. Steak Snabler

Steak Snabler Well-Known Member

This thread reminds of a Mitch Hedberg (RIP) line:

"I wanna hang a map of the world at my house. Then I wanna stick pins in the locations that I've traveled to. But first I have to travel to the top two corners of the map so it won't fall down."

2. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

Two. I need to move back to New York.

3. Cadet

Cadet Guest

Visited 25, gotten lucky in 15.

4. WazzuGrad00

WazzuGrad00 Guest

You've gotta start checking off some minor-league parks. PGE Park in Portland is great. Northwest League or Pioneer League in Montana, Wyoming and Idaho. Also, which were you forgetting: the Twins or the Brewers?

5. buckweaver

buckweaver Active Member

Ha! Forgot the Brewers, actually. When I go to Wisconsin, it'll be for pro football. ... Nice catch.

6. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

Hmmm ...

North Carolina, South Carolina, Georgia, Florida, Alabama, Mississippi, Virginia, West Virginia, Kentucky, Maryland, Delaware, Pennsylvania, New York, Connecticut, New Jersey, Ohio, Indiana, Illinois, Iowa, Nebraska, Wyoming, Colorado, Utah, Idaho, Texas, California and Hawaii.

Twenty-seven down, 23 to go.

7. ArnoldBabar

ArnoldBabar Active Member

Looks like I'm the clubhouse leader. I've been to 47, lacking only New Hampshire, Maine and Alaska. And I've spent the night in 32 that I can say for sure.

When I was a kid, my dad had two-week summer vacations and we didn't have much money, so we'd pretty much pile into the station wagon and head as far in some direction as we could get, seeing what was along the way.

Only been to three foreign countries, though, including Mexico and Canada.

8. bueller

bueller Member

Maine, Vermont, New Hampshire, Massachusetts, Connecticut, Rhode Island, West Virginia, North Dakota, South Dakota, Montana, Wyoming, Idaho, Oregon, Nevada, Utah*, Alaska, Hawaii

*Had a layover in SLC once. Never left the airport, so I don't count it.

Written stories in 21 states.

9. Della9250

Della9250 Well-Known Member

I've done 34

Missing: Alabama, Hawaii, Idaho, Kentucky, Louisiana, Minnesota Mississippi, Montana, Nebraska, Nevada, North Dakota, Oregon, South Carolina, South Dakota, Tennessee, Wyoming.

10. ArnoldBabar

ArnoldBabar Active Member

Yeah, I've always said that layovers don't count. You have to go there on purpose.

The "written stories in" is a great twist. I need to get out a map and work on that one.

11. Lieslntx

Lieslntx Active Member

You're right, that is a great twist, for this board.

But, the "getting lucky" one is much more fun.

I'll answer, since I started the thread. Only 8 out of my 30 states.

12. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

A hair over half...26...one of them actually being Maine.

Draft saved Draft deleted