1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

All 50 States?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Lieslntx, Jul 18, 2008.

1. Lieslntx

Lieslntx Active Member

Some friends of mine tonight were discussing visiting all 50 states.

I've been to 30. The interesting part about that, for me, is that while I've flown to some of them at some point, I have driven to each of these 30 states. From Texas.

Has anyone here ever been to all 50?

2. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

3. Steak Snabler

Steak Snabler Well-Known Member

Got to Massachusetts and Connecticut a few weeks ago, but didn't have time to hit the other four New England states (was driving from Boston to NYC).

I'm up to 36.

I lack: Rhode Island, Maine, Vermont, New Hampshire, Minnesota, Kansas, Nebraska, Iowa, North Dakota, South Dakota, Idaho, Oregon, Washington and Alaska.

But I'm only 35, so I'm hoping I make it to all 50 one day.

EDIT: I forgot, I've never been to Kansas, so it's 36.

4. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

5. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

Not me.

I've been to New York (born there), Pennsylvania, Maryland, Florida, Louisiana, Maine, Connecticut, Ohio, Virginia, West Virginia and New Jersey.

I've been through Massachusetts, North Carolina, South Carolina, Georgia, Delaware and New Hampshire.

That's 17 altogether, and I'll add one more this fall. I don't get out much.

6. KevinmH9

KevinmH9 Active Member

Never been to all 50, I've hardly been to a quarter of the states in the U.S. It's been my dream to just get a bunch of money saved up and just go on a road trip from coast to coast.

If I had to take an accurate guess, I believe I've physically been to about 12-14 states only as far west as Missouri though. I've never in my life been west of the Mississippi.

7. AgatePage

AgatePage Active Member

maine, washington, oregon, california, montana, wyoming, idaho, alaska, hawaii still to go.

8. Oz

Oz Active Member

Been to 33 states, and I'm kicking myself for being so close to Vermont, Kentucky and New Mexico but not being able to cross them off my list.

BTW, I love this site for seeing where I need to go next.

http://www.interactivemaps.org/visited_states/index.php

9. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

46. I'm missing Maine, Florida, Hawaii and Alaska

10. KevinmH9

KevinmH9 Active Member

Haha. Wow. Talk about the far corners of the country there.

11. BYH

BYH Active Member

No kidding. Really?

12. KYSportsWriter

KYSportsWriter Well-Known Member

been to KY, TN, OH, FLA, ALA, MISS, NC, VA, WVA, IN, PA, NY, NJ. never been further east than NYC or further west than far western KY.

Draft saved Draft deleted