1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Alison Krauss has won 26 Grammys

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by SnoopyBoy, Feb 10, 2009.

1. DirtyDeeds

DirtyDeeds Guest

Taylor Swift is absolutely horrible live. Her performance on SNL a few weeks ago was just horrendous, and her performance with Cyrus at the Grammys was only slightly better. The girl just can't sing that well. And Miley wasn't great (suprisingly ::)).
    The little I've heard of Allison Krauss, I've loved. Never bought the Plant album because the short clips I heard weren't that impressive. I'll probably buy it eventually. Or am I better off just downloading individual songs?

2. buckweaver

buckweaver Active Member

You might be better off, DD. I heard the first single off the Krauss/Plant album ("Gone, Gone, Gone") and love, love, loved it. Bought the album and by the time it finished downloading, I was like, "Ehh, couple great ones, couple good ones, couple I could do without."

3. DirtyDeeds

DirtyDeeds Guest

Thanks, buck. Most of the clips I heard were not memorable, but the reviews were almost universally positive, so I'd like to check some of it out. I just hate buying an album that has only a few good songs. It sure wouldn't be the first time, though.

4. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

I have heard they're touring together this spring. I will avoid and not report back on what I didn't learn.

5. Del_B_Vista

Del_B_Vista Active Member

Krauss also produced Nickel Creek's first two albums, which I love, so she's obviously someone whose comfortable in her many collaborations.

6. ArnoldBabar

ArnoldBabar Active Member

Really? I thought that album was really strong all the way through.

Draft saved Draft deleted