1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Alison Krauss has won 26 Grammys

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by SnoopyBoy, Feb 10, 2009.

1. I think it's all those doubles and mixed doubles titles she won.

2. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

?

3. Rough Mix

Rough Mix Guest

When she's come up in the past you've said you enjoy her music.

4. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

Oh. Yeah, I do. A lot, actually. Just had "Let Me Touch You For A While" on my iTunes.

I was afraid of what I'd said in the past. :D

This thread has actually made me feel better about this board. People I NEVER would have expected to like Krauss do, and that says something about us all getting along or something.

5. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

TheSportsPredictor sent me the album she did with Plant months ago. It's been in rotation ever since. I even gave a copy to my dad for Christmas.

6. expendable

expendable Well-Known Member

Yeah, what you said.

7. SportsJournalists.com, defined.

8. Del_B_Vista

Del_B_Vista Active Member

I'm a big fan of Krauss, but I was not blown away by her and Plant at Jazz Fest last year. I have to admit I've still never heard their album, but it just didn't feel like a great festival show. In fact, I left just a few songs in. Probably should have toughed it out.

9. writing irish

writing irish Active Member

She's awesome, though Gillian Welch is my favorite out of the neo-Americana babes.

10. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Funny thing is - Alison could probably walk through many a mall without bother. While Nashville throws money at the Kellie Picklers of the world.

11. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

Are Grammies really that impressive?
    Didn't the Be Sharps win a Grammy for Outstanding Soul, Spoken Word or Barbershop Album?

12. SnoopyBoy

SnoopyBoy Member

No joke. Kellie Pickler is brutal. And is there anything more painful that watching Taylor Swift perform live? I mean, she sounded awful live every time I've heard her and she does this awkward stomping thing. It's hard to watch.

Draft saved Draft deleted