1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Aliens v. Predator: The most offensive ad campaign ever?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by BYH, Dec 21, 2007.

1. BigSleeper

BigSleeper Active Member

I was thinking that as well.

2. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

I'm from a Catholic family, although I'm not religious.
    It doesn't bother me a bit; I'm just saying that more than a fifth of the U.S. population is Catholic.

3. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

What's the line on the match-up?

4. Bill Brasky

Bill Brasky Active Member

I'm not the most religious guy either, but 5 years of Catholic school does stick with you. The idea of seeing a terrible horror movie at midnight on Christmas Eve isn't something I would want to do...and I wouldn't really want to associate with someone who did something like that. Just watch the Grinch or "It's a Wonderful Life" instead....

5. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

so you don't want to associate with somebody who goes to a movie on X-mas eve?

nice.

6. JackyJackBN

JackyJackBN Guest

Pastor vs. Yawn ... where opposite ends of the spectrum touch ... producing anti-matter ... it's a Hellabration!

7. Pastor has to be a double-digit favorite in that one.

8. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

9. JackyJackBN

JackyJackBN Guest

Tom Petty vs. any moderator: where the rubber meets the road .. where the tata's meet the terry cloth ...

Maybe there's a separate thread in here ... or at least a Please God Make It Stop ... a fervent plea even atheists can share.

10. BYH

BYH Active Member

I'm as lapsed a Catholic as you'll find here (and somewhere back home my mom cringes and has no idea why). But my guess is a chunk of that 36 percent is fibbing judging by the got-plenty-of-legroom crowds we saw on most Sundays--and the overflow crowds of stiffly-dressed people muttering the "amens" a half-second later than they're supposed to during Christmas Eve and Christmas Day Mass.

11. Jack_Kerouac

Jack_Kerouac Member

I agree. It just hasn't been the same since the glory days in the 1980s with Sinjin Smith.

12. Bill Brasky

Bill Brasky Active Member

I don't have anything against anyone who wants to see a decent movie on Christmas Eve, but there's gotta be something wrong with you if you want to celebrate the holiday by seeing rubber monsters tear people's entrails out...and I'm a big fan of "Alien" and "Aliens". Even "Alien 3" had its moments.

Draft saved Draft deleted