1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Alien vs. Predator alert

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by RokSki, Apr 15, 2007.

1. Mayfly

Mayfly Active Member

It looks like this thread is only you RokSki

2. RokSki

RokSki New Member

It is, and Break. :)

Someone has to love "AVP."

3. RokSki

RokSki New Member

It's common in ritual sacrifice to take the heart of the victim.

4. BYH

BYH Active Member

Get. A. Blog.

rokskihateskobeandlovesavp.blogspot.com

5. RokSki

RokSki New Member

You speak as if I don't already have one. :)

6. wow, I don't think I've ever seen a thread in which one person had the first seven posts. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, Rok's personal playground.

7. RokSki

RokSki New Member

I think this is a manhood ritual. The humaniod ones, they've been sent here to prove that they're worthy to become adults.

8. RokSki

RokSki New Member

9. John

John Well-Known Member

I maintain that Hollywood execs blew the chance to do something amazing here -- an eight or 16 villain tournament on film. You had this one, Freddie vs. Jason, and you keep on going with different films featuring bad guys against each other. The winner advances to the next film until eventually the ultimate villain/monster is crowned in the finale.

This would have been huge.

10. RokSki

RokSki New Member

That's a great idea. I never thought of that.

This should have been a much larger movie, I agree. And a franchise. Two incredibly popular creatures.

11. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

If it had been done with the seriousness and tone of "Aliens" or the original "Predator" it would have been much better. It was a bit too campy.

Also, it was annoying that in the trailers you see a horde of aliens going after the Predator at the top of the pyramid, only to realize later that instead of some battle royal, it was just a flashback-type sequence. I wanted to see an all-out war between the two.

Lastly, it really shouldn't have taken place on Earth in what appears to be modern times. It should have been deep in space and if you had to have humans involved (which I guess you kind of have to), it should have been the space marines like in "Aliens."

I definitely think they dropped the ball on this movie.

12. Riddick

Riddick Active Member

Hot chick No. 1: Seven seasons on the ice, and I've never seen a gun save someone's life.
    Hot chick No. 2: I don't plan on using it.
    Hot chick No. 1: Then why bring it?
    Hot chick No. 2: Same principle as a condom. I'd rather have one and not need it, then need it and not have one.

Draft saved Draft deleted