1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Alicia Parlette (revised) ... is back to her blog.

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by Montezuma's Revenge, Apr 18, 2007.

1. Montezuma's Revenge

Montezuma's Revenge Active Member

Alicia Parlette is not in the blogosphere, and it isn't looking good. :mad: :'(

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/contribute/sn/persona?plckPersonaPage=PersonaBlog&User=alicia_parlette

2. Johnny Dangerously

Johnny Dangerously Well-Known Member

Re: Alicia Parlette ... not so good

She hasn't blogged in weeks. One of her first and only posts talked about her struggle to write in the new (for her) format. Do you know more than you are saying, or did I miss something on that link?

I hope for the best.

3. Montezuma's Revenge

JD,

The 3/25 post talked about how the chemo wasn't working, that she had tumors in her lungs and glutes, and that they were growing. Everything about it was depressing. I'm crossing my fingers that something experimental can work, but we all know what a shot in the dark that is.

4. MertWindu

MertWindu Active Member

Still a bit of a leap to "it's not looking good." Especially when we're talking about Cancer.

5. Montezuma's Revenge

She has a form of cancer she's been told is incurable. They've Rolodexed their way through an array of approaches, and the tumors have spread and grown, and she's looking at getting experimental trials, and, oh, she isn't posting often.

I'd say it's not looking good.

I didn't say it was hopeless. But it damn sure isn't looking good, as sad as it is to say.

6. buckweaver

buckweaver Active Member

Fuck.

And for those who haven't read the whole "Alicia's Story" series, you must.

7. Just_An_SID

Just_An_SID Well-Known Member

It has been two months since her last post on her blog. Do any of our Bay area SportsJournalists.com members know how she is doing?

8. FreddiePatek

FreddiePatek Active Member

Bump. Help, anyone? I don't know about you, but I've become rather emotionally invested in her journey.

9. AgatePage

AgatePage Active Member

UPDATED. go to the blog above. she's back. thank god. and bring a couple of kleenex (TM) with you when you get there.

AP.

10. imjustagirl2

imjustagirl2 New Member

Thanks for letting us know. That one made me feel a little better, at least about her battle.

11. Montezuma's Revenge

Ditto. Thanks, agate, for the heads up.

12. imjustagirl2

imjustagirl2 New Member

Monty, you think you might could re-word the title for those who stumble upon it now?

Draft saved Draft deleted