1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Alicia Keys, crusader for truth and justice, person of many theories

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Piotr Rasputin, Apr 12, 2008.

1. Piotr Rasputin

Piotr Rasputin New Member

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20080411/ap_en_ce/people_alicia_keys

Interesting. Elisha Keyes' music is good enough to give her a bit of a bully pulpit.

The yahoo.com headline "Keys talks about her conspiracy theories" is a little excessive. But the AK-47 necklace is a bit over the top.

2. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

Re: Alica Keys, crusader for truth and justice, person of many theories

I need to introduce her to my boyfriend :D

3. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

Re: Alica Keys, crusader for truth and justice, person of many theories

Love her music. And it's Alicia.

4. Pancamo

Pancamo Active Member

Wasn't she raised by a white mother and a white grandmother?

"Keys, 27, said she's read several Black Panther autobiographies and wears a gold AK-47 pendant around her neck "to symbolize strength, power and killing 'em dead"

Who does she want "killing 'em dead"?

5. Steak Snabler

Steak Snabler Well-Known Member

The White Devil, of course ...

I don't know much about Alicia Keys. By that, I mean that she's a brilliant musician, but I'm not sure how intelligent and/or educated she is.

I'll just say this, there are a lot of people in this world that think the last thing they read or heard is the most profound thing they've ever read or heard. She may be one of them.

6. steveu

steveu Well-Known Member

Am I the only one that thinks if she changes the type of song she writes, this will definitely not end well?

Alicia! Stick with what brought you to the show.

7. Double Down

Double Down Well-Known Member

If you believe some of the rap lyrics out there about her, she'd be a lot more interested in you.

8. shockey

shockey Active Member

i heart alicia. but unless she's singing or acting, i couldn't care less about what comes out of her mouth. that's why god invented mute buttons.

9. Bill Brasky

Bill Brasky Active Member

Exactly. People make a big to-do over political statements celebrities make and a lot of these people aren't bright and live kind of sheltered lives. Alicia Keys is a great looking woman who has a hell of a voice....she ain't Hillary Clinton or Condi Rice.

10. sportschick

I'm not a conspiracy theorist though!

11. Double Down

Double Down Well-Known Member

Yes, but you aren't shy about your willingness to do dirty things to Aneglina Jolie. And that's no theory.

12. sportschick

Angie's specialer than Alicia!

Draft saved Draft deleted