1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Alford curses at BYU player

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Feb 28, 2010.

1. I Should Coco

I Should Coco Well-Known Member

I'll save it for when Alford yells "asshole" at the player who knocks New Mexico out in the first round of the NCAAs.

2. I thought that, too, but that was a pretty good win yesterday.

3. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

Likely but it does not sound as bad if Alford went to BYU locker room to apologize.

4. Mark2010

Mark2010 Active Member

Is there any coach in any sport who doesn't do a good cuss job once in a while?

I find it so funny to watch a coach royally chew out officials, his own players and even an opposing coach or player. Then I go interview them after the game and they can be oh so diplomatic and politically correct.

5. It's the epitome of cognitive dissonance. Every time I ever saw Tom Crean coach a game at Marquette, I would, "Oh, boy, this is not going to be a fun postgame at all." And then he'd come to the interview room completely composed and looking like a college professor and not the batshit lunatic he acted like for 40 minutes.

6. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

Yeah, I may actually be on Alford's side in this one.

7. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

Just like on the floor or on the field, it's never the first blow that's caught, it's always the retaliation.

8. Stoney

Stoney Well-Known Member

Wasn't it just a couple months ago that we were watching that UNM soccer girl beat the shit out of half the BYU women's team? The Lobos just lose it when they see those mormons.

9. zagoshe

zagoshe Well-Known Member

I'm just wondering how many of the BYU players wives were upset at Alford after this incident?

10. armageddon

armageddon Active Member

But how long did it take him to get to the post-game? Another 40 minutes?

11. three_bags_full

three_bags_full Well-Known Member

12. crimsonace

crimsonace Well-Known Member

Having coached basketball ... you get caught up in the heat of the game. It is very emotionally (and physically/mentally) draining. You are trying to motivate, cajole and push your players through the game, call plays, do it all loud enough to be heard (which requires yelling), work with officials ... it's not the easiest thing to do.

After a few minutes to cool off, when the buzzer sounds, the blood pressure returns to normal and you can be pretty calm and composed.

Draft saved Draft deleted