1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

ALF, Zoidberg and Chewbacca walked into a press conference...

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Batman, Dec 1, 2010.

1. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

A toxic life form found in a polluted pond? Sounds like college basketball recruiting to me.

2. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

And is it really news that they found alien life forms in California? Way to look in the last place you'd expect, guys.

3. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

About 1000 years ago, didn't most people think the world was flat?

In how many years will people joke about not thinking there are other life forms in the universe?

4. holy bull

holy bull Active Member

This made me laugh.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  5. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

I joke about it but I do find it hard to believe that out of the trillions of plants in the universe this is the only one capable of sustaining complex life forms.

Now, will we ever make contact with alien life forms? Probably not.

6. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

It's essentially a problem of distance. Our search for extraterrestrial life is like standing in the middle of the Sahara Desert and yelling, "Hello! Anybody there?"
    Look at Voyager 2. Fastest (or maybe second-fastest now, after the New Horizons craft) thing we've ever built. Been zipping along for almost 34 years and it's just now reaching the edge of the solar system. Breaking new ground and making new discoveries, but in terms of exploring new worlds it's not even close. And it's really a happy accident -- a spacecraft from the golden age of interplanetary exploration that has gone above and beyond its original mission.
    Until we come up with some revolutionary new propulsion system that comes close to a fraction of light speed, that's probably as close as we'll come to making physical contact of our own accord.

Draft saved Draft deleted