1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Alex Trebek/Jeopardy Tribute Thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Mwilliams685, Mar 6, 2019.

1. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

DanielSimpsonDay likes this.
  2. HanSenSE

Bump

DanielSimpsonDay likes this.
  3. DanielSimpsonDay

DanielSimpsonDay Well-Known Member

It may be due to James devouring the souls of other contestants and funneling their life energy to Trebek. Whatever the reason, fucking great news.

4. Mwilliams685

Mwilliams685 Active Member

That is incorrect. The correct response is "What is fucking great news?"

Iron_chet and heyabbott like this.
  5. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

I lost a cousin to this a couple of years ago. It was inoperable and she went fast. I was told having it in this area of the body is very dim. Great for Mr. Trebek.

Pilot likes this.
  6. Pilot

Pilot Well-Known Member

Yeah, glad to hear that news about Trebek.

I had a friend and former co-worker diagnosed with pancreatic cancer a few weeks after Trebek, in mid-March. Went from generally healthy and unaware to discussions about hospice in literally one day. Fortunately he was able to get out of the hospital, travel some to visit friends and family, but he died about two weeks ago, two months after he was diagnosed. He was obviously dealing with something different than Trebek because within a few weeks his pain was substantial and his weight was way, way down. Alex hasn’t looked or acted any different in what I’ve seen.

7. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

Jeopardy James will be on the show longer than Trebek.

8. HanSenSE

Cage Jeopardy with Ken Jennings?

9. MileHigh

MileHigh Moderator Staff Member

Lost my uncle to pancreatic cancer last year. He was diagnosed at Stage 4 just before we lost my sister and her family. He made it 14 months but it's a brutal way to go.

And Jeopardy James might never lose.

10. swingline

swingline Well-Known Member

Shit, he's only been really challenged once. By now, most of the victims go in knowing that they're playing for second place. Like Tyson in his prime, James has folks intimidated even before they step on stage. It's been amazing to watch.

11. MileHigh

MileHigh Moderator Staff Member

Yup. Crushed it again today.

12. swingline

swingline Well-Known Member

Before James broke the Jeopardy! mold, I used to play along at home and keep score. The best I ever did was something around $30,000 by the end of Double Jeopardy! Since James has been playing, I don't bother. I mean, I still get a lot correct, but I'm just like the challengers — playing for second place.

I think maybe one or two of the very best past champions — not necessarily Ken Jennings — could beat James, but the rank and file ain't going to get it done.

Draft saved Draft deleted