1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Alex Marvez leaves South Florida Sun-Sentinel for foxsports.com

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by Prince of Persia, Jul 27, 2007.

1. This was actually posted on wrestlingobserver.com, for which Marvez does some writing:

Alex Marvez of this site has left the South Florida Sun-Sentinel for a job for Foxsports.com where he will be an NFL and MMA reporter, working with Jay Glazer.

2. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

Marvelous

3. Del_B_Vista

Del_B_Vista Active Member

Good, good guy. Hope it works out well for him.

4. mediaguy

mediaguy Well-Known Member

I'm guessing there could be a lot of MMA involved here. He was writing wrestling and enjoying it far too much, long before he was covering the NFL. Another big web hire from the print world though ...

5. shockey

shockey Active Member

alex works his butt off. best of luck to him. 8) 8) 8)

6. Appgrad05

Appgrad05 Active Member

Wow, very big hire for a site I've been to maybe half-a-dozen times.

7. Frank_Ridgeway

Frank_Ridgeway Well-Known Member

Alex was in high school when I was in Miami, and one of the ASEs used to say, "We'll all be working for Alex someday." He was a can't miss, just a really polished kid who, even in his teens, knew he belonged in the big time without being obnoxious about it. Good for him.

8. leo1

leo1 Active Member

i've never met him. i worked with people who met him and said he was a stand-up guy.

one thing i remember about him is that he was the victim (target?) of a smear campaign on one of the old boards. it was pretty brutal at times. could've been just one guy doing the smearing but it got ugly.

9. Claws for Concern

Claws for Concern Active Member

Marvez is a classy guy who works his tail off. He's been a solid TV guest for the stuff with Chris Benoit, not to mention his NFL coverage and so forth. Good for him.

10. Norman Stansfield

Norman Stansfield Active Member

Big loss for the Sun-Sentinel. Alex knows his stuff.

11. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

Huge loss for the Sun-Sentinel. I'll echo the Alex is a great guy sentiment. He's one of the best...

Palm Beach and the Sun-Sentinel both lose their top Dolphins guys as camp opens... Should be interesting...

12. lantaur

lantaur Well-Known Member

I had thought Alex was recently moved to an online position with the Sun-Sentinel ... or am I wrong about that?

Anyway, he was always nice to me when I was a semi-peon and he was covering an NFL squad. Always thought he was a good reporter.

Draft saved Draft deleted