1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Alert: The Notebook on Oxygen

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by imjustagirl, Sep 16, 2009.

1. Rockbottom

Rockbottom Well-Known Member

That would be like me screening Hoosiers without it getting dusty. Or Sonner watching Rambo: First Blood without shedding a tear.

RB

2. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

Can't happen. I've seen it probably 30 times. Cried every time. When she comes back to him, I cry. When she's gone again, I cry. When the nurse walks in, sometimes I cry.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 1, 2015
  3. Rockbottom

Those tears, sadly, don't cure cancer like Sonner's. Too bad he never cries.

I, too, shed one or two upon first viewing. Too bad it triggered a five-hour, middle-of-the-night "conversation" about our "relationship". Sigh.

RB

4. imjustagirl

That made me giggle really hard.

5. Rockbottom

And wee RB didn't even get to participate that night, either. So fuckabunchaNotebook.

RB

6. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Thank you for the warning, IJAG. I usually know better than to even flip by Oxygen, but I really want to be careful I don't even catch a moment of The Notebook.

7. OnTheRiver

OnTheRiver Active Member

Fucking dumbest movie ever. Hand-wringing, overwrought bullshit that's so kitsch it wouldn't even sell in the waiting area of a Cracker Barrel.

8. imjustagirl

I love the fact that 11 HOURS LATER you're thanking me for "warning" you about what's on TV.

You're a sharp one, oop!

9. imjustagirl

You deserve Evansville. :D

10. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

My joke

IJAG's head.

No surprise there.

11. imjustagirl

That was a "joke?" I could understand "sarcasm" or "funny comment."

But that was a "joke?"

12. BYH

BYH Active Member

THANK YOU!!!!!

I saw that ending coming in the first five fucking minutes. An M. Night Shamalamadingdongmanyodingdong movie has less obvious twists.

Oh and this is for IJAG: BQ or plain?

Draft saved Draft deleted