1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Alert: Tear up S1 - Dwyane Wade leads amazing Heat rally for win

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Almost_Famous, Jun 13, 2006.

1. Almost_Famous

Almost_Famous Active Member

I'm not here enough to know Pho-Real. But someone told me he's Chuck Taylor?
    Whatever, I don't care.

Running conversations with myself rock.

(And while I'm always logged in because firefox fucked me, I have a remedy - i'm deleting my account at 6666 posts. So enjoy me while you've got me! Or, if your name is hoops, you can start a countdown!)

2. shotglass

shotglass Guest

What's S1?

3. Columbo

Columbo Active Member

Shaq with two pissy, meant-to-be-scolding "back when I was a good player" references in the press conference.

If the shoe fits....

4. BYH

BYH Active Member

In unrelated news, the Houston Astros won the 2005 NLCS after Albert Pujols' bomb with one strike left beat the 'Stros in Game 5.

The Braves beat the Mets in the 1999 NLCS after the "Grand Slam Single."

The Nets beat the Celtics in the 2002 Eastern Finals after blowing a 21-point lead in the fourth quarter of Game Three.

And the Lakers were victimized in the Memorial Day Massacre in 1985 but beat the Celtics anyway in the NBA Finals.

5. Columbo

Columbo Active Member

I'm trying to remember the last big fourth-quarter rally for a win in the NBA Finals

Also, I haven't heard a SoFla writer called in any of these press conferences.

Do they do the locals separately?

6. Left_Coast

Left_Coast Active Member

Since the game ended after midnight, they're probably writing. And, yes, I believe they do separate interviews.

7. Double J

Double J Active Member

And David Ortiz homers in the bottom of the 12th inning to give the Bosox a 4-2 win in Game 4 of the 2004 ALCS, putting off the Beantowners' inevitable elimination by one night. ;D

8. BYH

BYH Active Member

Haha yes, very good.

But no one was saying the Sox were going to win the series after Game Four. Game Five? Sure, the momentum had shifted and most people sensed it. But Game Four was viewed as the Sox just putting off the inevitable.

Draft saved Draft deleted