1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

ALERT: Secret Santa 2016 (we need an organizer)

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Vombatus, Nov 11, 2016.

Tags:
  1. Vombatus

Vombatus Well-Known Member

Secret Santa 2016 - A Time To Heal, Unite, and share shit. I mean, gifts. Randomly and anonymously.

Yesterday, I checked with spikechiquet, who ran the SS 15 program, and he doesn't have time to do it this year because of his current publishing deadlines and home life. So we need someone who is trusted to step up and be the new coordinator for this 2016 SJ Secret Santa campaign.

Recall, when IJAG blew out of here, she thoroughly condemned me and cautioned everyone to NOT let me run the SS program. To me, that was one of those great WTF moments in SJ history. I am still puzzled, because until then, I had had no problem with her (and vice versa to my knowledge). I was occasionally getting a PM too, as I congratulated her on her weight loss success (which she was advertising in her signature line).

Anyway, I could possibly do it, but I have to be out of town quite a bit after Thanksgiving, so this is NOT an ideal year for me. Plus I am not sure most of you would entrust me with this responsibility.

SO, if we can get someone else to step up and replace spikechiquet, and soon, please reply in this thread and let us know ASAP.

Have a very happy upcoming holiday season everyone!
    VB

2. Riptide

Riptide Well-Known Member

Maybe the Secret Santa can get you and IJAG on "The Jerry Springer Show."

3. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

10/10 would watch again (and again)

4. Vombatus

As long as it's not that Maury Povich show. Not the baby daddy! Not the baby daddy!

I am NOT taking a paternity test for anyone EVER.

5. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

There's "Lauren Lake's Paternity Court" that takes care of that genre now. One of those things that should only be watched once, and that may be too many times.

Vombatus likes this.
  6. Vombatus

Bump.

I am willing to run this if no one else steps ups in the next 48 hours.

Any takers? We CANNOT let the spirit of Secret Santa die.

7. Riptide

Riptide Well-Known Member

You're hired!

Vombatus likes this.
  8. Spartan Squad

Spartan Squad Well-Known Member

So long as we all don't magically get subscriptions to Guns and Jugs, I second VB' nom

Vombatus likes this.
  9. Vombatus

I have a truly SECRET volunteer. So, no one has to fear me. Standby for the next couple of days for details.

10. SpeedTchr

SpeedTchr Well-Known Member

I wish to subscribe to your newsletter.

Huggy and Spartan Squad like this.
  11. spikechiquet

spikechiquet Well-Known Member

Thanks for taking this over man. Yeah...I am barely able to be on here anymore with my work/home life...so glad to know it's in your hands.
    And I'm sure IJAG rolled over in her grave....(she's dead right? I mean while else would she leave this board?!).

Draft saved Draft deleted