1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

ALERT: Bush signs 6-year deal

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by John, Jul 29, 2006.

1. John

John Well-Known Member

BC-FBN--Saints-Bush,0128
    URGENT
    Bush agrees to 6-year deal with Saints
    By BRETT MARTEL
    AP Sports Writer
    JACKSON, Miss. (AP) -- Reggie Bush agreed to a six-year deal with the New Orleans Saints on Saturday night and the Heisman Trophy winner will report to training camp Sunday, The Associated Press has learned.
    A source with direct knowledge of the negotiations said they deal had been agreed to, but that he couldn't disclose financial terms.
    Reached by phone at his home in New York, Bush's agent, Joel Segal, said he wouldn't comment until a deal had been signed. However, he said he was traveling to Jackson on Sunday to meet with Bush and the Saints.

2. joe king

joe king Active Member

Oh, thank God, I thought this was about George.

Beat you to it, Fenian!

3. shockey

shockey Active Member

wow. he almost made it through the entire season without signing, eh, all you hysterics out there? :eek: :eek:

4. ballscribe

ballscribe Active Member

Yup, that was scary. I thought either term limits had been abolished or Bush had pre-signed a deal for a Senate seat in '08.

5. Bubba Fett

Bubba Fett Active Member

I'm guessing the intial post was made for the benefit of copy editors late last night, since the story moved at deadline time in the East.

6. pallister

pallister Guest

Bush will rush for 2,000 yards and score 25 touchdowns, and rebuild the Ninth Ward in his spare time. [/MichaelIrvinandeveryotherhyperbolicESPNanalyst]

7. Bubba Fett

Bubba Fett Active Member

While also performing at Tipitina's two nights a week.

Draft saved Draft deleted