1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Alert: Adam Carolla podcast

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by poindexter, Sep 1, 2009.

1. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

He dropped out of the podcast rotation in favor of Kornheiser's radio show.

Carolla can be a funny guy and is fairly smart, but you get the same stories over and over again. And he really doesn't interview people -- he usually just blitzes right past them to talk about himself. I'll download if I hear about an interesting guest, but it's more of an every now and then thing.

2. sgreenwell

sgreenwell Well-Known Member

I agree with this. I normally see who the guest is - David Alan Grier, Harland Williams, a big name celebrity, they all tend to turn out pretty good. Less so when you're interviewing a random author or reality star, although Frank Stallone was shockingly good, at least to me.

3. MacDaddy

MacDaddy Active Member

There have been some guests where I didn't expect much but ended up listening to the whole thing.

4. Gene Parmesan

Gene Parmesan Member

You listen to 15 of the podcasts and you've heard them all. Same stories. They're funny, he's good, but without the benefit of live broadcasting and reacting to live events, he's worthless.

5. schiezainc

schiezainc Well-Known Member

Can someone tell me which of his podcasts touched the Leno thing? I want to check those out but don't have the patience to sit through hours and hours of him rambling on. Thanks

6. Shaggy

Shaggy Guest

Adam Carolla's goes off on tangents and they are so fucking funny.

He had a tangent where he talked about the art of storing a woman in his spank bank. it killed me.

7. schiezainc

schiezainc Well-Known Member

Oh, I agree. Carolla in limited doses is awesome but to listen to a whole week's worth just to get to the Leno stuff? Yeah, I'll pass.

8. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

He's said very little about Leno/Conan. I want him to have that discussion with Kimmel on a podcast. That would be interesting because of Carolla's relationship with both people. He's a regular on Leno and Kimmel is one of his best friends.

I'd say he bats about .900 when it comes to shows. The regulars (Kimmel, Dr. Drew, Dameshek, Dana Gould, Andy Dick...) always deliver.

As someone else mentioned, Frank Stallone was one hell of a great guest.

There have been a few whiffs, but he had the author of some book about delis that was pretty interesting.

The live shows are always great.

9. Gene Parmesan

Gene Parmesan Member

Carolla is in Leno's corner. They're friends and Carolla has been a regular emergency fill in for Leno for quite some time. And he hates Conan and has said so on-air numerous times.

So, uh, not sure what you're going to glean from his podcast, but it will probably involve him calling Conan a pussy 17 times in 5 minutes, followed by him complaining about left-turn arrows.

10. fishhack2009

fishhack2009 Active Member

Carolla jumped the shark years ago, in my opinion. I can only take that voice in very small doses, and he's still working the same smart-ass schtick from 10 years ago. It's tired.

I heard him on Petros and Money the other night, and he even made that God-awful show worse. That's quite an accomplishment.

Draft saved Draft deleted