1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Alec Baldwin's Homophobic Rant

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by YankeeFan, Jun 28, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

Alec is at it again:

http://www.chicagotribune.com/entertainment/zap-alec-baldwins-twitter-rant-was-his-wife-hilari-20130627,0,139786.story

Now, it's not coming from much of a news source, but I'm surprised they don't touch on the homophobic nature of the rant.

But, when you say, "I'd put my foot up your f---ing ass... but I'm sure you'd dig it too much," and call someone a "toxic little queen" that's some anti-gay bigotry right there.

2. Big Circus

Big Circus Well-Known Member

Well, look at all the shit Devin Banks pulled to try to get his job!

In all seriousness, yeah, that shit's over the top. No surprise with Baldwin, who is an incredibly funny performer and, from all accounts, a major-league asshole.

3. Bob Slydell

Bob Slydell Active Member

Should it cost him his endorsements, etc., like it did Paula Deen? I think so.

And not surprised by this at all. Dude has issues.

4. Big Circus

Big Circus Well-Known Member

What endorsements does he have? He's in those ubiquitous Capital One commercials, and he probably should lose those, but what else does he shill for? Do they still run that DirecTV spot where he redoes his Glengarry Glen Ross speech?

5. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

I think that the anger was aimed at the paparazzi will get him a bit of a pass.

I'm sure it won't hurt that he's a beloved liberal. :)

He went too far, but I don't think it's that big of a deal.

6. Mizzougrad96

He won't lose anything. This rant is tame compared to what he's done in the past.

I actually think people like that he's so vocal about how much he hates the paparazzi.

7. Mizzougrad96

I love this one...

Someone wrote that my wife was tweeting at a funeral. Hey, that's not true, but I'm going to tweet at your funeral.

8. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

Aren't there laws against threatening to commit violence against people, as Baldwin did in one tweet?

Mizzou is right. Not a damn thing will happen to Baldwin. Libs get a pass on this stuff.

9. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

It might be because he is a liberal but I think it's more because he has become the Charles Barkley of actors -- he can do and say stuff that others can't.

10. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Libruhls!

Seriously, guys. Take the political whining where it belongs.

11. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

The fact that he often plays characters that do the same type of thing doesn't hurt.

12. Mizzougrad96

I tend to agree with this. Part of Baldwin's "charm" is that he's such a loose cannon.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.