1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Alec Baldwin SNL coming up... (11:55 p.m. 12/6)

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Columbo, Jan 6, 2007.

1. jimnorden

jimnorden Member

baldwin should have his own sketch show. he's terrific.

2. Columbo

Columbo Active Member

Richard Cohen, is that you?

3. terrier

terrier Well-Known Member

Sad note: NBC is no longer running the classic SNL at 3 a.m. so they can show MORE GODDAMNED POKER!
    The only poker I want to see at 3 a.m. is the one I run through the eye of whoever made this programming decision, Guess somebody decided there's not enough poker on TV...

4. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

Lucky.

5. shotglass

shotglass Guest

Wellll ... if you don't like this SNL, my suggestion would be to write off any SNL after 1995, because you aren't going to like any of them much better.

Whatever you do, DON'T keep watching and then tell us what a piece of shit it is. ::)

6. shotglass

shotglass Guest

Look, everyone! Aguilera and Tony Bennett in perfect lip-sync!

7. mediaguy

mediaguy Well-Known Member

I'm starting to really like Kristen Wiig. And yes, Poehler is outstanding.

8. MC Sports Guy

MC Sports Guy Member

Horrible episode, except for the following: In the carpool skit, Baldwin blurts out, "Bobby McPherin raped my grandmother." I think I broke no less than three ribs laughing.

Excuse me for not knowing the woman's name, but whoever played "Aunt Linda" on Update is fucking horrible. That performance was actually painful. It made my tummy hurt.

9. pallister

pallister Guest

For a guy who's a completely unfunny asshole in real life, Baldwin is hilarious as a guest host.

10. BYH

BYH Active Member

Don't forget "for a guy who has made some of the worst films in the history of American cinema" as well.

11. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

There have been a few decent episodes since '95. I always thought Tim Weathers should've been given the chance to do Weekend Update.

That said, I kept watching this episode to see why people kept saying it was funny. I finally fell asleep.

12. But he's great in supporting roles -- Glengarry Glen Ross, The Departed -- and in sketches.
    He's the Vinnie Johnson of entertainment, I guess.

Draft saved Draft deleted