1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Alec Baldwin on the next NYC mayor

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by Songbird, Mar 18, 2013.

1. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

Alec is New York through and through.

Would be intrigued to know from New Yorkers here what you think of his take on Christine Quinn not being the right candidate for mayor -- but not because she's a woman or gay.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/alec-baldwin/ny-mayor-race-christine-quinn_b_2901070.html?utm_source=Alert-blogger&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=Email%2BNotifications

2. YGBFKM

YGBFKM Guest

Good article. Baldwin is a nutjob, but he's very smart and also one of the funniest people on the planet.

He's a fascinating dude.

3. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

Great writer who presents both sides, layered, and in this day and age with links to back up his work.

I've posted his fracking articles here and the link to his WNYT interview of Billy Joel.

Would love to have a beer with him.

4. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

Dang, that is a well-written takedown. That's so good The Atlantic might want him to rewrite it for free. And he might do it!

5. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

**snort**

6. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

7. HejiraHenry

HejiraHenry Well-Known Member

You have my attention. And I have made my decision for Christ.

8. Versatile

Versatile Active Member

It seems to me that a and b are requirements for c.

9. steveu

steveu Well-Known Member

Good article, Alec, but New York also needs a mayor that will keep his/her hands off drinks, cigarettes, food, etc. Bloomberg has really pissed off part of NYC with his personal crusades.

10. YGBFKM

YGBFKM Guest

Well, smart and nutty doesn't always translate to things as harmless as humor.

11. Versatile

Versatile Active Member

Good mayors piss people off. I disagree with Mike Bloomberg on many issues but appreciate his general integrity, decisiveness and motivation. That's what you want out of an executive official. The courts and legislature can slap the mayor down when necessary, as with the soda ban.

Draft saved Draft deleted