1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Aldridge returns

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by jdklamp, Jan 30, 2007.

1. jdklamp

jdklamp Member

Apparently David Aldridge is back at the Inquirer. And his story, much like his Sunday NBA notes, is good.

http://www.philly.com/mld/philly/sports/16577288.htm

2. Montezuma's Revenge

Montezuma's Revenge Active Member

So, what's the over-under on how long it is until David Aldridge reports that David Aldridge is back?

3. Norman Stansfield

Norman Stansfield Active Member

Ric Bucher already reported it on The Worldwide Leader.

4. Cousin Jeffrey

Cousin Jeffrey Active Member

He's been at the paper for awhile now, right? I'd say a year, at least. He was doing football.

5. daveevansedge

daveevansedge Member

But he was laid off in the purge at the beginning of this year, CJ.

6. Cousin Jeffrey

Ah, to quote Dana Carvey, I did not know that. Weird, wild stuff. Did he file for unemployment, or just make do on his TV scrill?

7. wickedwritah

wickedwritah Guest

He was only gone for about three weeks, if that.

8. Cousin Jeffrey

Good story. It's been done at every stop, it seems, and by all the national guys. I feel for Dixon having to talk about it before every game, but I'm sure he likes that his sister's story is keeping her spirit alive.

9. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Agreed, it was a decent piece, but enough is enough..

10. Can someone explain to me how he either kept his job or got it back? I mean, I can't make a case as to whether he should have stayed or left, but I'd heard he was on The List.

11. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

My guess, just a guess, is either Aldridge was never on the list to begin with or he was let go solely in order to re-negotiate his pay downwards in an NFL salary cap-type maneuver.

12. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

Not a big Aldridge fan, but I also hate hearing about people losing their jobs as a result of newsroom cutbacks...

Draft saved Draft deleted