1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Aldon Smith

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Cubbiebum, Dec 2, 2012.

1. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

Agree completely on TO. I remember seeing a Sunday Conversation with him just as he was becoming a star in SF where it was clear that this guy is batshit insane. I think he was overshadowed enough in SF that people didn't notice as much until he got to Philly and became "The Guy"

His last year in SF he was kind of given a pass because everybody knew he and Garcia were gone after the season and that was also when the Niners were hitting rock bottom and you were hearing about how cheap the franchise was getting.

2. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

TO was not the most mature person but he's the classic case of taking a guy from a very small community, with a less than ideal upbringing, then thrusting him into the spotlight in a big city. He was so innocent when he was here, that was the tears showing up in '98. Unfortunately for him, he then got deluded into thinking he was a star who deserved king treatment. He's been a great performer, perhaps even HOF'er, but sadly has suffered a rocky road in stardom (and the fall back to reality.)

3. Mizzougrad96

I know both of them had less than stellar endings to their careers, even though Moss is still playing, I would hope both make it to Canton. I would put both in over Carter, Reed, Brown and Harrison.

4. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

Totally agree. Moss was (unfortunately cannot still say is) the ultimate deep threat with great hands. Sure he had alligator arms over the middle and dogged it (last and only Raider game I went to in '06, watched him literally jog plays, zero effort), but when he was on, boy was he on.

TO was a more devastating threat than either of those guys.

5. Mizzougrad96

For Moss, I just think of the Monday night game against the Packers during his rookie season...

Draft saved Draft deleted