1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Alcoholic Wife. The breaking point.

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by exmediahack, Feb 1, 2017.

1. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

No, you don't know where he's coming from.

It was a simple question that didn't necessitate indignation on his part though I'll take his indignation over whatever pseudo point you think you're making.

2. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

Left.

jr/shotglass and typefitter like this.
  3. exmediahack

exmediahack Well-Known Member

Gentlemen! (I assume...)

It's fine! Not offended on the wine question. Hell, every week I get a few people who email me or take to social and say I suck at what I do. I can handle this.

"Only" two bottles but one was one of those 1.5 litre jobbies. Both red. Forgot the brand as I refused a month ago to buy any more wine.

Told the kids. Older one is cool. Younger one a wreck but she also has a lot of friends with split parents.

Funny thing happened an hour ago. Wife (SBTX) had a look about her that she just realized what she did. And it's too late to turn back. I'm full of sorrow for the end of it but also quietly thrilled of plotting out a substantial part of my new life.

4. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

Very glad to hear man.

5. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

I've apologized to ex. I apologize to you too Chef for offending you.

Edit: Apologized to ex and explained the question.

Last edited: Mar 24, 2017
    Vombatus likes this.
  6. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

No harm. No foul.

7. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

You'll have time to practice "my kids' mom". Meanwhile, when I was at that stage I took to referring to "the future former Mrs. Dixiehack". It sounds dumb, but if you aren't prepared it can throw you for a loop when you have to refer to her and aren't sure how to phrase it. ("My estranged wife" probably would have been classier.)

8. justgladtobehere

justgladtobehere Well-Known Member

Ex, what you and your kids are going through because of your wife is terrible and it is her doing. But is she close to getting any help? She's not irredeemable. Not necessarily in terms of your relationship, but for the kids and her health.

9. cjericho

cjericho Well-Known Member

Hopefully it's the start of her getting better and then somewhere down the road she will see it more clearly. It definitely seems you did as much and more than anyone could've done to try and help her.

10. MisterCreosote

MisterCreosote Well-Known Member

I was relieved both times when I could finally say "my ex."

There were never any kids involved, but one was so hopelessly complicated that just being free and clear of it was enough for me to do cartwheels for months. And that one was the one I loved more.

YankeeFan and Riptide like this.
  11. typefitter

typefitter Well-Known Member

There will be these weird almost giddy rushes over the next little while. You'll cycle through sadness and relief and excitement and anger... All sorts of emotions, swinging from one second to the next. Enjoy the optimistic stretches and keep hold of them when you're feeling down. Over time you'll level out and you'll start living this new life that in so many ways will be better than your old one.

Wait till you kiss someone new for the first time. That's a trip.

FileNotFound likes this.
  12. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

This.

First thing I did after getting out from under my ex. And just to be safe, change passwords. I also deleted all pictures I had of her, which you may not want to do, but, I sure as hell felt better.

Draft saved Draft deleted