1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Alcoholic Wife. The breaking point.

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by exmediahack, Feb 1, 2017.

1. JC

JC Well-Known Member

They may be relieved. The situation sounds very unhealthy for them.

ChrisLong likes this.
  2. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

Maybe just maybe take out the part of the post about the inheritance? Just in case because you think they're not checking here AND THEY ARE? Why risk it? Though we're glad you trust us.

exmediahack, SFIND and Hermes like this.
  3. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

If you get primary custody of the kids, which sounds highly likely, chances are she's going to be the one cutting monthly checks.

4. SFIND

SFIND Well-Known Member

Nothing more to add but wanted to wish good luck, ex, and I hope this is the first day of a better period of your life.

5. exmediahack

exmediahack Well-Known Member

Just ran six miles. Incredibly freeing. Felt like I lost 50 pounds I one day. Knees don't hurt. Feel like I could run six more. Thanks crew.

6. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

THE FUCK?

iNgrief25 and HanSenSE like this.
  7. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

Get over yourself.

8. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

Glad to hear you have a good feeling with your attorney; that's key in this difficult time to make sure you get through this in good frame of mind.

A friend of mine was looking at a nasty fight with his wife that was going to get very personal and ugly, which meant big $$ to attorneys out of their joint monies, then she somehow got reasonable and decided to resolve it without a nasty fight; so I hope the same for you.

9. jr/shotglass

jr/shotglass Well-Known Member

She has to weigh more than that, ex.

HanSenSE and Chef2 like this.
  10. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

What difference does it make what kind of wine it was?

iNgrief25 likes this.
  11. typefitter

typefitter Well-Known Member

This is all good advice. Just love them. Tell them the love a father has for his kids is the biggest love in the world and nothing will ever change that. Tell them you'll be there for them, always. Let them cry and yell if they need to. Lots of hugs.

It's awful, but it's amazing how resilient kids are. They are also really self-interested. If they think their lives will stay the same or get better, they'll be fine.

12. typefitter

typefitter Well-Known Member

Come on, guys.

Actually, you know what: Chef, I get where you're coming from. Just leave it, though.

Draft saved Draft deleted