1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Alcohol in the clubhouse?

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Evil ... Thy name is Orville Redenbacher!!, May 14, 2007.

1. Lugnuts

Lugnuts Well-Known Member

I don't get your point. I see ballplayers drive away from the park all the time. We are talking about reality, right?

2. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

I see people drive away from restaurants all the time, too.

They'll probably keep serving wine.

3. CollegeJournalist

CollegeJournalist Active Member

That wasn't your argument. You said it was weird that an organization with so much vested in an athlete's body would provide something unhealthy to said athlete.

As has been stated, it's not like these guys are sitting there pounding back a 12 pack before they leave the clubhouse. Most of them probably aren't drinking but one or two, and I'd be willing to bet that hardly any of them leave the clubhouse with a BAC over the legal limit.

4. JR

JR Well-Known Member

What's your point? What's simple-minded about my response?

That adults can't have a beer?

5. broadway joe

broadway joe Guest

Dude, all I'm saying is that when you think about it, free beer in the clubhouse goes against a team's general interest in keeping its players in the best possible physical condition. I don't see how that's even a debatable statement, unless you think booze is healthy and nutritious. I'm not calling for a ban on beer in the clubhouse. I really don't give a rat's ass whether teams keep doing it or not. I'm just saying it's not logical.. Can I make it any clearer than that? Jeezus.

Draft saved Draft deleted