1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Albuquerque travel

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by JackReacher, Aug 2, 2016.

1. Vombatus

Vombatus Well-Known Member

Yep, I can second Acoma. Although they don't let you take photos (at least not when I was there).

2. spadjo martin

spadjo martin Member

Buddy of mine runs the Albuquerque Free Press. Read it. It's quality stuff.

3. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

That paper is a godsend to this forsaken community. It's a sterling example of what newspapers can still be in the 21st Century.

4. Flash

Flash Active Member

Eat at El Pinto. It was great when I was there in 2006 at least. At the time, they had the most popular salsa in the U.S. ... or as much they told us so on a travel junket.

Watch the sun set over the hills. That's where the Sandia resort gets its name. Sandia is the Pueblo word for watermelon, the color the hills cast at sunset.

Old Town is pretty cool, too. Love the neat little shops and boutiques. I wanted to spend my paycheque on the Christmas store.

5. Jake_Taylor

Jake_Taylor Well-Known Member

New Mexico is a state I've always wanted to explore, but I've never been even though I've been close in West Texas a few times.

6. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

My trip to ABQ is coming up in two weeks. If anyone has any other suggestions or recommendations, I'll gladly accept them. Thanks!

7. SpeedTchr

SpeedTchr Well-Known Member

Sandia Peak Tramway.
    Indian Pueblo Cultural Center for the bread.
    Stay hydrated and wear sunscreen. Worst sunburn I ever had was at a party in the Sandia Heights area.
    Great city, would probably move there if I had the money/job to finance it.

8. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

Third season of Better Call Saul is filming now. You might could check and see if they're doing any public shoots.

9. Vombatus

Vombatus Well-Known Member

I second the tramway. There's a restaurant up there (forgot the name), and it's a great place to catch the sunset.

That atomic museum - I'm telling you, if you like history, it will give you quite a perspective on how we got from 1945 through the Cold War to today.

10. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

I could very very easily live in one of 2 places.
    Colorado Springs, Colorado or anywhere in New Mexico.

Draft saved Draft deleted