1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Albums You Forgot Were That Darn Good

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Pete Incaviglia, Oct 22, 2007.

1. kokane_muthashed

kokane_muthashed Active Member

Re: Albums You Forgot Were That Good

Like a month ago, I ripped my entire CD collection to my external hard drive. I listened to a lot of stuff I hadn't heard in a long time. I removed all the songs off my iPod and filled it with stuff from the 90s that I hadn't heard in a long time.

STP's Core was one of the albums.
    Others were:
    Alanis Morissette - Unplugged
    Blind Melon's three albums
    Nirvana - Bleach
    and, even though, Green Day's American Idiot came out in 2004, I hadn't listened to it in a couple years since the radio drilled it into the ground. I'd forgotten what a kick-ass masterpiece that is.

2. Pete Incaviglia

Pete Incaviglia Active Member

Yup. Track 11. Awesome stuff. The whole damn CD is good.

3. Pete Incaviglia

Pete Incaviglia Active Member

I like Dookie.

4. kokane_muthashed

Yep. Dookie, Insomniac and Nimrod are all on my iPod too.

5. Angola!

Angola! Guest

The best way to listen to Cracker Man is by listening to the song before it. It is all quiet and whatnot, and then suddenly a guy says, "All right. Now what?" and then the riff for Cracker Man starts. That is bad ass.

Also, I used the All right. Now what? as a lead for a football preview story this year because I had been listening to that album so much recently.

6. Re: Albums You Forgot Were That Good

Blind Melon's "Soup" is a fucking masterpiece.

There's a DVD out with their last show, at some small club in Chicago. They were known for "No Rain," but they were a tight, tight blues-based rock 'n' roll band.

7. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

They were three of my first CDs. I listened to Nimrod and Insomniac yesterday.

8. kokane_muthashed

When listening to the first album, I always skip "No Rain." "Sleepyhouse" and "Drive" are GREAT songs. That album may be in my Top 10 of ALL-TIME.

9. CradleRobber

CradleRobber Active Member

Lil Flip's 2002 release, Undaground Legend

10. EStreetJoe

EStreetJoe Well-Known Member

REO Speedwagon - Hi InFidelity

11. Re: Albums You Forgot Were That Good

a lucky few were able to experience live the alternative rock hurricane that was blind melon. bm bootlegs are pretty rare, and the few that i have never stale when i spin them not very often. deserted, dear ol' dad, time, galaxie, and mouthful of cavities are my top 5 bm songs. and i don't listen to much southern blues based rock much anymore, but bm is always a great experience.

to add to the list i would suggest:

gin blossoms - new miserable experience. it's been almost 15 years since i've ever given a shit about the gin blossoms, but i heard "found out about you" live and what can i say? i was hooked. so many other good songs off nme - till i fall away, allison road, etc. a tragic band that, like bm, had a lot of potential cut down early.

and for those enlightened folk out there, i suggest steve winwood - back in the high life. i don't care what anyone says, winwood's 80s shit is just great. lots of exotic pop sounds, epic as usual winwood vocals, and just a really enjoyable 80s pop. picked it up from my parents, god bless them.

12. ArnoldBabar

ArnoldBabar Active Member

First real grown-up record I ever owned. Still great.

Draft saved Draft deleted