1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Albom ethically sound?

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by paprboy, Jun 12, 2008.

1. paprboy

paprboy New Member

2. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

Mitch Albom ... knowing anything about personal ethics and basic human decency? Not a chance.

And welcome to the board ... let some others help break you in to the "wonders" of the esteemed Mr. Albom.

3. Del_B_Vista

Del_B_Vista Active Member

I had my picture taken with the Stanley Cup at a couple of ECHL All-Star Game events back in the day, one at a meet-and-greet for media and VIPs, the other on the concourse at the game where there were fans doing the same thing. Never lost a minute's sleep over it.

4. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

The ethics problem is that he had his picture taken with the Stanley Cup?

5. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

The answer is no, he isn't (see: Hutton comma Carole Leigh). This isn't why tho... reenforcing his inner cloying fanboi, maybe.

6. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

My question is why he did not get the picture taken when they won it the other times?

It's not like there was a 65-year dry spell for this team.

How many Boston writers did something similiar when the Red Sox finally won the Series? Not saying they did, but I could see them doing it more than this Cup for the Wings.

7. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

Mitch is not ethically sound, but perhaps he can undergo an operation to return to the appearance of ethical soundness.

8. alleyallen

alleyallen Guest

Not sure that I'd have a problem with this particular instance. But there's plenty of other fodder for which to question Mr. Mitch.

9. goalmouth

goalmouth Well-Known Member

What's to question? Albom passed off fiction as fact. Case forever closed.

10. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

If Albom drank from Lord Stanley's Cup, peter-puffed Gary Bettman, and went A-T-M with Chris Osgood, those would be the LEAST of his ethical worries.

11. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

Well that's a mental image I really didn't need.

12. rube

rube Active Member

Surely we all remember the Michigan State Final Four piece a few years back ... and the half-assed, arrogant apology that followed. That right there showed not only his ethics, but a pure lazy ass attitude about going about things. Not to mention the arrogance he showed by just figuring, "Hey, I'm Mitch Albom, I can make shit up and no one will ever call me out on it because I've wrote a best selling novel."

Draft saved Draft deleted