1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Alberto Gonzalez and his testimony hurts my head.

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by hockeybeat, Jul 26, 2007.

1. Birdscribe

Birdscribe Active Member

Ah, that old chestnut.

You mean the "quasi-religious group" whose leader engaged in such wholesome pursuits as sex with teen-agers and stockpiling explosives and firearms above and beyond which they were legally allowed to trade?

And if memory serves me right, Janet Reno took full responsibility for the heavy-handed, over-the-top way the attack went down, something this administration has yet to do for anything its screwed up.

Try again.

2. alleyallen

alleyallen Guest

All that aside, the erosion of civil liberties is something far, far worse than the destruction of a quasi-religious group.

3. jimmymcd

jimmymcd Guest

Hmmmm... dead vs. questionable civil rights actions

I'll take the latter!

Nice way to blow it off as an "old chestnut", too.

4. Beaker

Beaker Active Member

I'm sorry, but there's no defending Gonzales, no matter what your political affiliation. He's a complete liar who's more concerned about being the president's lackey than Americans' civil liberties.

5. alleyallen

alleyallen Guest

Live free or die ring a bell with you? America's whole premise is based on freedom and civil liberties. People have willingly died for those rights. I served in the military in part to help protect those rights.

I'm not implying the group in question was heroes...they weren't. But I consider what's being done and potential harm in that to be worse than what happened in Waco, brought on in part through criminal actions.

6. RokSki

RokSki New Member

Amen.

Even for Bush, Gone-zo's incompetence is remarkable

7. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

You can't be serious.

Please, tell me you aren't serious.

8. JR

JR Well-Known Member

Unfortunately, I think he is.

9. Excuse me?
    Are we talking here about the cop-killer David Koresh, who put his kids in rooms barricaded with gasoline cans?
    God, I hope not.

10. jimmymcd

jimmymcd Guest

Naw, why would I be serious on a board full of anonymous folks who bleat on every day like they are spouting the gospel? Just stirring the pot.

11. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

I thought he was talking about the Taliban.

12. JR

JR Well-Known Member

I think it's called making a complete fool of yourself.

Draft saved Draft deleted