1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Alberta-SJ

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Gomer, Jan 29, 2009.

1. Gomer

Gomer Active Member

This started as a mention in the NHL thread, but just in case I figured it would be worthwhile to post here.

A few of us were thinking of an SportsJournalists.com meet-up around the Calgary Stampede, which runs July 3-12. Beef, AMac and I are all in the region, and JC seems interested in venturing over from lovely British Columbia. If more folks are interested I'm sure it can grow accordingly.

I can almost certainly get the time off and be there, at the very least for a couple days. Aside from the necessity of hitting either the rodeo or chuckwagon races, a couple pancake breakfasts and Cowboys (did they end up opening in that new proposed location or not?), there's always some great concerts and hopefully a CFL game.

Who's in? Since Beef is big on a Monday-Tuesday schedule that would leave July 6 and 7 as a starting point for discussion.

2. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

i like the 7th.

3. Gomer

Gomer Active Member

Birthday?

4. Beef03

Beef03 Active Member

I look forward to this.

5. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

sometimes everybody cries.

6. forever_town

forever_town Well-Known Member

thank you michael stipe

7. JR

JR Well-Known Member

Are folks from the Centre of the Universe invited?

Do we have to dress up as cowboys?

This sounds like a blast.

8. JC

JC Well-Known Member

Will do my best to make it. Let me know the dates you decide on.

9. AMacIsaac

AMacIsaac Guest

Shoot, JR ... you and the missus get your butts out here and we'll cowboy it up.

10. Gomer

Gomer Active Member

Actually JR, ONLY if you dress up as cowboys. It's kind of mandatory. Which reminds me, I need to find my hat with the whistle on it.

As for dates, I'd say it's guaranteed somewhere between July 3-12. Beef gets Monday-Tuesday off which would mean July 6-7, I can get whatever time off I need around there, AMac is in town and nobody works during Stampede, right? What would the rest of your prefer?

11. JR

JR Well-Known Member

You mean, like THIS guy?

[​IMG]

12. AMacIsaac

AMacIsaac Guest

Work? What's that?

Draft saved Draft deleted