1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Albert Breer wants proof about the n-word at Fenway

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by CD Boogie, May 2, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cjericho

cjericho Well-Known Member

Weren't several fans ejected from the game?

2. JC

JC Well-Known Member

Yes.

3. Fredrick

Fredrick Well-Known Member

Racism is so wrong. People are people dammit.
    As far as the word in question which disgusts me ... fans are insulting their own players who are African American when they slur like that. I mean they are colorblind to their own players but not others? Glad they kicked the fans out. I'm sure they'll take steps to make sure they don't get tix ever again.

4. spikechiquet

spikechiquet Well-Known Member

I know most MLB players live in la-la land when it comes to money...but did Adam Jones understand that if someone had to pay $30K as a fine they may be giving up half or more than half of their salary for the year?
    I understand he was upset, but it proves that some pros have no concept of what money is after a while.

studthug12 and Rhody31 like this.
  5. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

I don't condemn Boston sports fans for one knucklehead. I condemn Boston sports fans for allowing the guy to yell it a second time.
    Oh, and Beantown also busted the Cubs WS trophy.

Cubs WS trophy damaged while crowd surfing

6. JC

JC Well-Known Member

The more you know....

7. SnarkShark

SnarkShark Well-Known Member

8. JC

JC Well-Known Member

No proof.

LongTimeListener and SnarkShark like this.
  9. SnarkShark

SnarkShark Well-Known Member

Pretty sure he has a concept of what money is.

Adam Jones hasn't forgotten his past, he has embraced his future

cranberry likes this.
  10. wicked

wicked Well-Known Member

11. When I played football at Georgia Southern, we beat FAMU in the playoffs. As we walked off the field, I heard a fan, who was carrying a confederate flag with the school logo on it say to some FAMU players: we won because our niggers are better than yours.

12. Rhody31

Rhody31 Well-Known Member

Don't know why I'm doing this to myself because I know what's coming from the board, but I'd hope a bunch of journalists and ex-journalists could look at this with an editorial eye as opposed to whatever the hell happened to this thread.
    Right now this kid's story about being at the game is falling apart and it looks like he decided to prank Lupica to get on Barstool Sports.

Since this is the journalism portion of the board, can we keep the discussion there. If you want to bash Boston's racism or fans, take it to the Sports/News section please.

EDIT: A question I've never thought about because I've never done it - if you go to social media to look for a source (fan at game, scene of accident, etc) how do you confirm they were there and avoid being the victim of a prank? Genuinely curious.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.