1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Albany, NY area -- Rowing, baseball and women's road racing

Discussion in 'Freelance/stringer help available' started by BillyT, May 10, 2010.

1. BillyT

BillyT Active Member

Hello, all!

I am available for any freelancing you need from the Albany, NY area up to Lake Placid.

The following events are coming up, and I can give you whatever you need in terms of stories and photos.

1. The 76th Scholastic National Regatta will be held on Saratoga Lake May 28 and 29. There will be teams from all over the country, as you would expect. There are a lot of Florida, Pennsylvania and New York teams already entered. More to come.

2. The Tri-City Valley Cats are a Class A affiliate of the Houston Astros. They open June 18. I am available for game coverage and/or features on players from your area. Upcoming opponents include Connecticut, Vermont, Lowell, Batavia and Jamestown.

3.The Freihofer Run For Women, an internationally known five-kilometer race is June 5. Boston Marathon champion Teyba Erkesso, who won this race last year, will be competing. The entries are still coming in, but a number of the top American women will be there. I can do pre-race and post-race stories, with photos.

4. The New York Collegiate Baseball League opens June 4. I am in Glens Falls and can cover any games here or write about any players here. I can also get to Albany for game coverage or player features.

5. If you need auto racing coverage in this area, I have more than 10 years experience in small-track racing.

I am open to any other ideas you might have.

I am an experienced, former full-time sports writer making a go of it as a a freelancer.

I can provide references.

Thanks,

Bill

toscano.bill@gmail.com

2. BillyT

BillyT Active Member

I knew I would forget something.

If you are long-range planning for the race meet at Saratoga, I am available for that as well.

Draft saved Draft deleted