1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Albany, Ga. High school writer

Discussion in 'Journalism Jobs' started by Daniel Shirley, Jun 22, 2006.

1. The Albany Herald, a 28,000 circulation paper in Southwest Georgia, is searching for a versatile and energetic writer to complete its four-person award-winning staff.
    The position will focus on high school sports (we have 21 schools in our 10-county main coverage area, including 13 schools in metro Albany that are really the focus). But we really need someone who can do a little bit of everything, including handle some desk and copy editing duties (so Quark knowledge is a big plus).
    There is also some help with coverage of Georgia and Georgia Tech during football season. And we cover plenty of professional sports in the region, including the Masters, Atlanta Falcons home games, NASCAR races at Atlanta and the Atlanta Braves during spring training and the playoffs.
    Please send your clips, résumé and references to sports editor Daniel Shirley at 126 N. Washington St., Albany, Ga., 31702, e-mail them to daniel.shirley@albanyherald.com or call (229) 888-9305.

2. hedpe70

hedpe70 New Member

Daniel Shirley is good people.

3. I can corroborate that.

I can also eat an entire gallon of cookies and cream in three minutes.

4. boots

boots New Member

I've heard good things about this Shirley guy. Does anyone know who left?

5. Jay Adams, our high school writer the past two-plus years, left us for better opportunities back near his home in Rochester, N.Y.

6. MU_was_not_so_hard

MU_was_not_so_hard Active Member

Mr. Plow?

7. giantjay25

giantjay25 Member

Is he stayin in the biz? If so, what paper?

Draft saved Draft deleted