1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Alaskan-born war hero charged in domestic violence incident

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Dick Whitman, Jan 19, 2016.

1. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

I blame Obama.

2. Donny in his element

Donny in his element Well-Known Member

You got me. I incorrectly assumed you didn't know how to use the now 13-month-old quote function in your veteran age. :)

3. SpeedTchr

SpeedTchr Well-Known Member

The difference between T&F and Jones Ramsey?
    One still has a heartbeat.

4. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

And I believe Bristol is pregnant with her third child by third baby daddy. Family values. Abstinence education. Personal responsibility. All traits the great former governor of Alaska and conservative warrior instilled in her kids.

5. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Anyone else finding an AR-15 and alcohol a curious choice of treatment for a vet with PTSD?

Alma and Smallpotatoes like this.
  6. wicked

wicked Well-Known Member

She'll be in a trailer park with her mom Snow Barbie in 10 years, tops. Their 15 minutes have lasted longer than I thought possible.

7. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

Maybe instead of blaming the president who ended the war, she should blame the president who started the war?

8. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

There's been one hell of a backlash by veterans to Mama Bear's comments.

9. Brian

Brian Well-Known Member

I keep waiting for Dwayne Elizando Mountain Dew Herbert Camacho's endorsement of Trump. That's how otherworldly this whole experience has become.

10. Big Circus

Big Circus Well-Known Member

Lovely that Mrs. Palin saw fit to slam every veteran by insinuating that they're likely to commit domestic violence just because they went to war.

11. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

Awesome. And since the dumb bitch brought it up, once again I'd like to see proof of exactly what kind of harrowing combat conditions Track was actually under.

My bet is it probably consisted of playing video games in the barracks.

12. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

Eh, I'm sure that combat veterans are much more likely to commit domestic violence, because PTSD makes them more likely to commit violence, period, I would think. It's rough coming home. This has been covered ad nauseum. If she had talked about that issue, I'm fine with it. I'm even fine with a general statement saying veterans need more support dealing with these issues. Hell, that was the point of the New Yorker's Chris Kyle/Eddie Ray Routh piece a few years ago, and that's not exactly The National Review.

Where she made an indefensible turn was using the incident to indict Obama, specifically, and then to pivot to Trump, who she had endorsed the day before. Just unfathomably crass.

Draft saved Draft deleted