1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Alan Webb U.S. Mile Record (3:46.91) -- Where (if anywhere) is it played?

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by write then drink, Jul 21, 2007.

1. da man

da man Well-Known Member

Hell, maybe Webb should have run the 800 at the worlds. Did you see how slow that final was? 1:47? Yikes.

2. In Cold Blood

In Cold Blood Member

Yeah that was sad. Good for Reed for sneaking in there. Too bad the American guys could make it through the rounds. I would have liked to see Symmonds in that final.

3. jimmymcd

jimmymcd Guest

Symmonds needs to learn how to race and remember that a sit-and-kick doesn't always work. KD ran one of his trademark races to miss the 800 final. Props to Lagat for an incredible double, and to Kara Goucher for her 10k bronze.

4. Goucher ran a terrific race but, jimmy, am I correct to be worried that she might have only one of those a year in her?

5. jimmymcd

jimmymcd Guest

Oh, I think you are dead on there, FB. That was a convergence of forces, for sure.

Draft saved Draft deleted